NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any suggestions for where to get an alignment in long beach or culver city? i checked the sticky post, but the only place listed is like 125 miles away. i recently put on new wheels and haven't had an alignment yet and the camber is noticably off, so i need one really soon!

thanks for any suggestions! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i have the same question. i want the place that can deal with lower car.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
West End Alignment in Gardena! Darin is excellent... Boosted, I, and Chiznarles can vouch for him. He works on my car often... in fact I need an alignment very soon too...

He will be on vacation for the next two weeks or so... but the number is 310)808-9233...

PM me for more details.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Big-O tires does a good job , not too sure if theres one around ur area. i've taken my car there many times for tires, alignment and have not run into a single problem yet

·
Registered
272 Posts
wanted to add on to my post

super autobacs CAN handle lowered cars.. their alignment platforms are recessed into the ground when lowered.. so its flat when you drive onto it.

BUT i got my alignment there about 2-3 months after they opened.. and they did not do such a good job. they probably hired a rookie mechanic.
maybe now he is better or they have a much more qualified person doing it.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
so cal gts 03 said:
West End Alignment in Gardena! Darin is excellent... Boosted, I, and Chiznarles can vouch for him. He works on my car often... in fact I need an alignment very soon too...

He will be on vacation for the next two weeks or so... but the number is 310)808-9233...

PM me for more details.

-Dan
I could not agree more - Darin is definitely the man.

I took my car to Superautobacs for an alignment when I first got my suspension installed and they did an OK job, but no-where near as good as the work Darin at west end does. When he aligns your car you can immediately feel a significant improvement in handling.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 00TRDGT-S
wanted to add on to my post

super autobacs CAN handle lowered cars.. their alignment platforms are recessed into the ground when lowered.. so its flat when you drive onto it.

BUT i got my alignment there about 2-3 months after they opened.. and they did not do such a good job. they probably hired a rookie mechanic.
maybe now he is better or they have a much more qualified person doing it.

they're pretty close to me (10 min from home), are open till 9, and were available to do it tonight so i made an appointment. 59 bucks for all 4 wheels, not too bad :) thanks for the suggestions guys :thumbup:
i'll let you know how they do. :)
here's a link to the service section of their website ---> http://www.autobacsusa.com/pages/pit.html

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Darin works while you sit inthe car (to set preload) and also lets you drive the car around to see if you like it. Tell him how you want your car to handle and he can recommend settings.

I asked him to max the camber in mine (1.2-1.4*) and also put 1/8" toe out up front and 1/8" toe in at the rear. I'm hoping to come back in again to have more camber put in.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not to jump in late... But as a reference, Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim can help you too... They have done many of my project cars, and have done very well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey dan was that you I spotted on van ness the other day? I was the guy in the black Z..

so cal gts 03 said:

PM me for more details.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Yes that was... hey what's up bro... nice Z. What did you say you had on it?? There was so much wind I couldn't really hear ya.

I seriously would have loved to run, just to see where my car would be at...
(still would have been no contest haha)
but unfortunately, I found out like literally couple minutes ago I was missing a lug nut on the front passenger side of my wheel.... I was actually on my way home to drop off the car. I dunno how long I've been running like that but didnt want to take any chances by doing anything dumb.

Anyways, sweet car, I'll be seeing you on the road I guess if you live around here... :thumbup:

-Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah i think i met you at one of the celi meets back when they had them at the crossroads...I could have sworn I saw your face somewhere. Anyways I just got some basic boltons on the Z and a bunch of prototype parts....I'm usually at crossroads since the cops have ceased to bother the imports for awhile.....but I'm always cautious as fuk. See u around.

-Andrew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts