NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my own alignment, but I got into an arguement with my co-workers and I didn't get to finish.

But I'm still not sure either.

For a GT with 16s. Lowered with H&R springs. 1.3 inches. front to rear.

Front left -0.46 degrees camber and front right -1.02 degrees camber. cross camber 0.56 degrees.
Front left .04 degrees toe and front right .01 degrees toe. total toe .05 degrees.

Rear left -1.38 degrees camber and rear right -1.13 degrees camber. cross camber -0.25 degrees.
Rear left 0.12 degrees toe and rear right 0.08 degrees toe. Total toe 0.20 degrees.
Thrust angle 0.02 degrees.

I used factory specs, but my co-workers say my adjustments are within tolerance. I'm not happy with front right camber. But not sure if I should redo the whole thing and get the adjustments closer to factory specs.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You are within factory specs and that is within tolerance, acceptable. However it seems like you could get the front camber to match better, front toe looks good though. The rear camber looks better but the toe could be closer to zero, < .10 like the front.

If it isn't costing you to do it and you have the equipment may try to get it better.

Good job though! Wish I had the equipment to do alignments myself.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My alignment guy will set the car to my specs (or factory specs if that 's what I want) and I will NEVER have more than an 0.01 degree difference side to side.

Yeah, you can adjust things until the little monitor on the Hunter machine has "green" showing, or you can actually spend a little extra time to go all out.

Unless you have camber plates or camber bolts for the front you wno't be able to change the camber significantly.

Don't forget, the alignment should be done with weight in the car to simulate how its normally driven (if you drive alone most of the time, then put 150-180 lbs in the drivers seat).

Scott

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all your help guys, I'll look into front camber, and get the other settings closer to spec.

thanks for the reminder on weight too.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts