NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 00' gt-s has a higher redline fuel shut off, but what about the gt? if I COULD get a higher redline, how would I go about doing this..didnt find much in a search it all involved the gts..

Also, I have been asking a lot of questions about n/a gt but this is my first "somewhat" fast car and it has become my personal hobby to learn on, go as far as possible n/a and then turbo... so I understand it isnt as good a platform as a gt-s but Im really not looking for 400WHP.. Im trying to get hands on experience as this is my first project car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the gt-s doesn't have the 1zzfe it has the 2zzge and all 1zzfe ecu's are not the same or corollas, celicas, matrixes, and vibes would be the exact same.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
They are not all the same, but the Celica ones all have the same rev limiter and essentially the same tune. There were some changes made for misfire problems when using really cruddy fuel back in 02 or 03 if I recall.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thank you boosted, thats what i meant, all CELICA ECUs. Ok, so is a standalone unit the only way to have this done now?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
yup - Power FC all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts