NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'll be replacing my clutch towards the end of this week when the remainder of my parts arrive and just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything or if there was anything else I should replace while I have the tranny open. I have the following parts already and I think it should cover it... but let me know if I missing anything or have any recommendations.

-SpeedSource Push Rod
-SpeedSource Stainless Steel Clutch Line
-ARP Flywheel Bolt Set
DIRECT FROM MWR

-South Bend HD TZ Clutch
-Fidanza Flywheel
DIRECT FROM SOUTH BEND
(CryoTreatment on both parts)

"The Cocktail"
-Pennzoil Synchromesh - 1qt.
-Castrol Hypoy C - 2qt.
-Redline LWSP = 1qt.

Tranny overall is in great shape... I'm only the second owner. Prior to me it was owned by an old lady and was pampered. I mean the ORIGINAL clutch just went out and I'm almost at 109k. Haven't had any grinding, popping or sticking gears previously and everything is in great working order. I will be checking the synchros while I have it open but I don't expect anything.

While I am at it I am going to give it a tune up. New spark plugs, clean the throttle body, clean MAF, clean OCV, clean CAI filter, and tighten up my e-brake. Also install my 03+ clock and hopefully if I have the time and patience FINALLY install my IS300 OEM yellow fog lenses and throw in my 3k 35w HID kit.

Going to be a long and grueling process but I can't wait until its done. Thanks guys!

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't mix oils... Just got with the Redline LWSP. Synthetic oils are created to work as one, when you put multiple oils in and "mix" them (which won't happen), the lubrication doesn't work as well.
Thanks for the insight Charley. I have done A LOT of research between "The Cocktail" and straight Redline LWSP. All the fluids in "The Cocktail" are confirmed to be ok for yellow metals. Blue Bomber has run this mixture and confirmed it is a great combo, however since has switched to straight LWSP. I have also read many other ppl truly like it. I wanted to give it a shot before I marked it off the list. As a backup plan if I don't like it I will flush it again about 3-6 months and be putting in straight Redline LWSP. The current fluid is a bit overdue anyways, so worst case it will clean everything up a bit for when I put in the LWSP. Again though, thanks for the info.

AZgts

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
best cocktail ever is Redline LWSP and 1 quart of penzsoil syncromesh.
It's the only thing holding my c60 together
lol sounds to me like you need a rebuild... :chuckles:

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
lol sounds to me like you need a rebuild...
I have to rev match every down shift or double clutch to keep it from grinding...its bad
The trans has been needing a rebuild for 14 months now, but I refuse to just to test how long that cocktail can hold it together. 15k miles and counting. Still looks new also.

The reason the trans is in such bad shape now is that ****ty royal purple gear oil that the previous owner put in it. I refuse to use any royal purple fluids now

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to rev match every down shift or double clutch to keep it from grinding...its bad
The trans has been needing a rebuild for 14 months now, but I refuse to just to test how long that cocktail can hold it together. 15k miles and counting. Still looks new also.

The reason the trans is in such bad shape now is that ****ty royal purple gear oil that the previous owner put in it. I refuse to use any royal purple fluids now
:laugh: thats too funny... well about the transmission holding together lol. The previous owner is an idiot and DO NOT USE ROYAL PURPLE EVER!!! It is not safe at all for yellow metals and actually break them down over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.