NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2000 Celica GT-S and i was having trouble finding a wiring harness that plugs into the existing stereo harness and that could take use of the existing amp that is in the car itself.... i have looked and there is a solution besides the schose, and other knockoffs.... Metra makes a 20 pin with rca adapters that plugs into factory harness and eliminates any alternator whine that may exist..... you can order them from your local car audio shop i think the number is 70-813 but im not completely sure :thumbup:

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,527 Posts
and it still requires modding... been covered...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
no need to make 2 threads of the same thing... :wtf:

and i already gave you the answer to search for in your other thread...

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,527 Posts
Search, my friend. People have had the same problems w/the Metra as the Scosche.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are two metra's one is plugged into the amp and that is the one that is considered the one with outside noise or as far as i have looked into

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
i dont think you get it, raging and 2way have already said it, its been covered and the metra still needs modding. How do i know? cause i was the one that tested the metra harness, and its the 70-8113 model. Im still getting alternator buzz with my harness and i have been too lazy to add resistors to my harness.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
2way said:
Search, my friend. People have had the same problems w/the Metra as the Scosche.
^that is exactly correct...both harnesses (metra/scosche) will fit your stock plug; however, you will need to additional resistors to avoid static noise cause by alternator and other source...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts