NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont believe I'm ever going to boost my celica, instead I'd just like to get in about the 200-210whp range with all motor, I dont think it will be excessively hard. Anyway, I'm torn over the intake, Injen or AEM. With the stock ECU, I'd take an AEM in a heartbeat, but I've seen people say that the Injen can be tuned way better than the AEM with a PFC. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
get a ebay CAI and do the bb mod. and i doubt youll get 40-50 extra wheel hp, even with i/h/e and a good tune..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was also looking toward a port and polish for most of the engine, and nay on the ebay. I've seen they are good but I will not cheap on this. I might be paying for a name but I'll sleep better if I do.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
good luck with breaking the 200whp barrier, its going to cost a lot of money to do that. You might as well just get a greddy s/c which will get you easily to 220 whp for a lot less than n/a, plus a s/c will act a lot like n/a and without the lag like turbo has.

·
Registered
868 Posts
timm3r said:
good luck with breaking the 200whp barrier, its going to cost a lot of money to do that. You might as well just get a greddy s/c which will get you easily to 220 whp for a lot less than n/a, plus a s/c will act a lot like n/a and without the lag like turbo has.
Turbo lag isn't too bad if you have the right size turbo. Smaller ones spin up faster.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Injen for top end power which is what you want.
We've got ppl in the 197~ range N/A so its not far off, they dont have the new stuff like bored TB and race cams either.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
It's amazing how much this intake discussion comes about every few days or so.

Just a thought on the Injen... I don't know about you guys, but I feel personally that the gt-s is very sluggish and weak in the low/mid-range, so why somebody may want to drop power in that range for a couple extra hp (purely for dyno numbers i presume) when in lift is beyond me.

Hmm...maybe I should get one and see if I like it...

Although i thought even if pfc tuned the aem still out performs the injen accross the whole band?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt just pop this question, I've been researching it quite a bit on the forums. JesseIL says that the Injen is much better when a PFC is involved, that you can tune out the loss on the low end and continue tuning the top end, but he is also turbo, which changes everything.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you will never reach those HP numbers on an N/A motor. i hate to bust your bubble, but you need to sink $$$$$$ to get that high N/A. like 200 octane gas and 17:1 compression maybe...

·
Registered
352 Posts
well with intake,header,exhaust,cams,tune,flywheel he might but like you said it won't be cheap oh and useing a race header and straight pipe.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Celicasaur said:
... I don't know about you guys, but I feel personally that the gt-s is very sluggish and weak in the low/mid-range, so why somebody may want to drop power in that range for a couple extra hp (purely for dyno numbers i presume) when in lift is beyond me.
If you can drive a GT-S properly, then you don't have to worry about falling back into that "sluggish and weak" RPM range after 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i think both aem and injen are identical......i have an aem if you ask me..but i believe the injen out performs the aem up on top and aem performs better on the bottom but we are talking about 2-3 whp differences if that. You can gain all that back with loosing the spare tire or so .....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Smaay said:
you will never reach those HP numbers on an N/A motor. i hate to bust your bubble, but you need to sink $$$$$$ to get that high N/A. like 200 octane gas and 17:1 compression maybe...
Sounds reasonable. :faint:

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Smaay said:

Psshh All you gotta get is Hondata ECU + Mugen exhaust + GTR badge and whole lotta TypeR sticker on the car :gap:

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
Psshh All you gotta get is Hondata ECU + Mugen exhaust + GTR badge and whole lotta TypeR sticker on the car :gap:
but will the typer badge work with the GTR badge? I heard people run into problems, like excessive laughing from others.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
blitzceli said:
cool2miketlu said:
but will the typer badge work with the GTR badge? I heard people run into problems, like excessive laughing from others.

pshhh Don't you know Hondata would tune that out and gain great power! As to the excessive laughing from others it gets drowned out by the Mugen fartcan so no worries there :) All the proposed mod above has a reason :gap:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Jesse IL said:
It blows my mind how often this topic comes up and how the same answers get thrown out there over and over again.
:chuckles: thats what makes NC.org continue till this day....

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
LightningRod said:
If you can drive a GT-S properly, then you don't have to worry about falling back into that "sluggish and weak" RPM range after 1st gear.
come on buddy, dont take it personally ;) i love the car too y'know :)

i can drive it superbly well, thankyou very much but when im not in the mood to change gears and accelerate from 4000rpm just to overtake a couple of cars on the freeway, it would be nice to plant my foot down in fourth and overtake reasonably quickly while under 3000rpm.

And before i get unfairly mauled by senseless comments, i know the car can probably do that anyway, but im using it as an example and demonstrating the usefullness of torque over high end bhp...there's nothing wrong with a bit of low down torque y'know ;) afterall, it gets you to lift quicker :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts