NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my dillema fellas, not knowing that I left my sun roof completely open on monday night, it decided to rain, and not lightly either. So I go to my car to go to work, I noticed the my seats, center console, cup holder, etc are completely wet. The inside of my seats are still wet from the water absorbed. I wanted to know what was the best way to suck all of the water out? is it even possible to get all of this water out or will i have to take it some where to get done. Let's just say that when I squeeze the bottom of the seat, a puddle of water flushes out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would try a shop vac it should work you may need something bigger but i would try that first.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Run the A/C while you are driving, keep the air circulating in closed loop, should help dry things out. When the car is siting in the sun, crack open the windows and the sun roof to let the hot air circulate through.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
take everything out and let it dry.everything even the flooring carpet if you don't you'll get mold/rust, and it will be impossible to get the smell of mold out. that really sucks, good luck

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That really sucks having to take everything out because I'm making up lots of hours in order to make up for the time I'm losing on my vacation next week. I don't think I've ever taken out the floor carpeting, but is that a pain to take out and put back in? Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
903 Posts
let it bake in the summer sun. One time i had a bucket of water spill in the passenger seat and the whole floor was in a small puddle when i push on it. I just keep the door open and face it towards the sun and within 2 days, it all came out. Then again, i dunno how hot your sun is over there in PA. I can roast me some chicken or fry some eggs here!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
yeah my car set with a broken windshield with only crashwrap on it for a few months before I bought it, somehow moisture snuck in and it smells awful.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the car is completely gutted. the only thing I'm worried about are the seats. all of a sudden, the seats feel like they weigh a good 50-60 lbs. maybe they weight that much already, but it feels much heavier than before. is there away to take off the leather upholstry on the two front seats without damaging them?

Anyone have some good pointers for me in regards to the seats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.