NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The All-Trac has claimed its second victory tonight. I rolled up to the local car hangout after I got off work. Immediately after I get out of my car, some guy walks up.

Him: Hey, wanna race my buddy?
Me: Uhh, what does he drive?
Him: That blue cavalier over there (was the last gen cavy they made)
Me: Right, how big of a shot is he running?
Him: No bottle, he has intake and exhaust, and motor mounts.
Me: Ok, I'll race.

So we walk over to another group of people where his friend is.

Him to Cavalier Guy: Hey this guy said he will race you.
Me: Whats up man, whatcha got done to it?
Him: Just intake, autozone muffler, and motor mounts.
Me: Cool, I'm driving that old Celica over there. So you wanna do this from a roll, stop, or what?
Him: Lets go from a stop at the light.
Me: Ok that sounds good. (MUWAHAHAHHA )

So we line up. He honks three times. I have my revs held at the rev limiter and let the clutch go. The car leaps forward and I already have a car length on him. Shift to second and built full boost and put several lengths on him. Shifted to third and saw that he was about 8-10 car lengths back already so I stopped and turned around.

We get back to the hangout and I talked to him for a while. He ended up telling me he had a 50 shot of nitrous LOL. It didn't help much. He told me he runs 9.4's consistently at the local short 1/8th mile track.. I ran 9.2's in my GT-S stock with full interior. I really thought his car would have been faster with the 50 shot.. It was really no comparison.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
hahahahah

Love the alltrac.. obey the alltrac :evil: :headbang:

·
Registered
680 Posts
vip09 said:
The All-Trac has claimed its second victory tonight. I rolled up to the local car hangout after I got off work. Immediately after I get out of my car, some guy walks up.

Me: Cool, I'm driving that old Celica over there. So you wanna do this from a roll, stop, or what?

So we line up. He honks three times. I have my revs held at the rev limiter and let the clutch go. The car leaps forward and I already have a car length on him. Shift to second and built full boost and put several lengths on him. Shifted to third and saw that he was about 8-10 car lengths back already so I stopped and turned around.

We get back to the hangout and I talked to him for a while. He ended up telling me he had a 50 shot of nitrous LOL. It didn't help much. He told me he runs 9.4's consistently at the local short 1/8th mile track.. I ran 9.2's in my GT-S stock with full interior. I really thought his car would have been faster with the 50 shot.. It was really no comparison.
Nice kill man. If you ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 with your GTS, thats equivalent to what, 14.3 or so in the 1/4? And 9.4 in the 1/8 for a Cavy is pretty good. If he has the last gen, it has the Ecotec which are built for speed. I know a few guys with bolt on's Ecotec Cavaliers and they run in the 13's. The fastest is one with bolt on's and a 100 shot I believe, he ran 13.1 in the 1/4 mile. Here is his site, www.projectdarkstars.com

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2000ToYcElGtS said:
vip09 said:

Nice kill man. If you ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 with your GTS, thats equivalent to what, 14.3 or so in the 1/4? And 9.4 in the 1/8 for a Cavy is pretty good. If he has the last gen, it has the Ecotec which are built for speed. I know a few guys with bolt on's Ecotec Cavaliers and they run in the 13's. The fastest is one with bolt on's and a 100 shot I believe, he ran 13.1 in the 1/4 mile. Here is his site, www.projectdarkstars.com
Bolt On Cavy in the 13's? Never.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our 1/8th track here is 50 feet short. My best time at that track in the GT-S is an 8.7 @ 75mph. With another 50 feet, I'd get it would run around 9.0 @ 78-79mph. The cavalier with 50shot probably runs a low 15 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
680 Posts
For one, a bolt on Cavalier with the Ecotec engine can get into the 13's, its been proven. Second of all, did none of you go to the website I posted? Here it is if you didnt, www.projectdarkstars.com , and he has all bolt on's and a 100 shot and ran a 13.08 in the 1/4. And there have been Cavy's with the Ecotec with CAI and exhaust run low 15's, so with a 50 shot, a mid 14 is possible. Most of you guys probably dont know the potential of the GM Ecotec engine, so go to www.j-body.org and find out what I'm talkin about.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
ok bolt ons doesnt mean NITROUS.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
ok bolt ons doesnt mean NITROUS.
I understand that, but do you think this guys 100 shot dropped him almost 1 full second, and if you read he had to let off because of the governer (108mph), so maybe he could have clicked off a 12.9x.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
im afraid if i go onto a domestic car site the ****tiness would infect my computer... so i didnt read that article.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
im afraid if i go onto a domestic car site the ****tiness would infect my computer... so i didnt read that article.
Exactly my point, you havent even looked at the website so you dont know what I'm talking about. I'll put it this way, stock for stock, the GTS will beat a Cavy with the Ecotec, but the Cavy will beat a 5spd Celica GT. Dont know what GT's run with exhaust and CAI, but most Cavy's with Ecotec that have exhaust and CAI run 15.1-15.3 or so. Hell the people who cant drive their GTS worth sh*t might get beat by a Cavy. I'm not clownin on Celicas, because I do own one, but the Ecotec engine when modded can be deadly.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2000ToYcElGtS said:
the Ecotec engine when modded can be deadly.
It'll kill ya.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i dont have to look at a website to know how slow a damn cavalier is, my brother used to own one.

Also Did you not just say bolt on cavys with an ecotec engine hit 13s?

"most Cavy's with Ecotec that have exhaust and CAI run 15.1-15.3 or so. "

·
Registered
680 Posts
vip09 said:
It'll kill ya.
To be honest with you, I'm an all around car guy, I like alot of different cars. And to tell you the truth, I like getting on different car forums just to talk about cars, but why is it when you talk about another car, and not putting the type of car on the forum down, people always think your stupid and wrong. I'm not saying what you wrote is wrong and stupid, it just bothers me when noone believes me about other cars and that their car is god. Like on my Mustang forum, guys there talk about beating Celica GTS in their v6 Stang. And when I correct them they say the Celica is a mid to high 15 second car at best and most are low 16's. It does piss me off, but I dont go off the deep end or nothing because its the internet. Anyways, hey I'm checkin your sounddomain right now, seems pretty tight.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2000ToYcElGtS said:
For one, a bolt on Cavalier with the Ecotec engine can get into the 13's, its been proven. Second of all, did none of you go to the website I posted? Here it is if you didnt, www.projectdarkstars.com , and he has all bolt on's and a 100 shot and ran a 13.08 in the 1/4. And there have been Cavy's with the Ecotec with CAI and exhaust run low 15's, so with a 50 shot, a mid 14 is possible. Most of you guys probably dont know the potential of the GM Ecotec engine, so go to www.j-body.org and find out what I'm talkin about.
100 Shot wont drop 1 full second? buahahahahhahahaha Do you know how much 100 HP is? Especially on a 2600 LB car?
A Bolt On Cavy is NOT 13 second car. Never. Ever. Also, a 5 Speed GT can very well walk a Cavy bolt on for bolt on.

·
Registered
680 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
100 Shot wont drop 1 full second? buahahahahhahahaha Do you know how much 100 HP is? Especially on a 2600 LB car?
A Bolt On Cavy is NOT 13 second car. Never. Ever. Also, a 5 Speed GT can very well walk a Cavy bolt on for bolt on.
So your saying a Celica GT with CAI and exhaust can run low 15's? From what I've seen you need full bolt on's and then some to run low 15's in a Celica GT. Well maybe if the 100 shot made a bolt on Cavy run 13.08, than without the nitrous mid 14's are atainable, which that would never come from a Celica GT. I like Celicas, but would you guys realize what can be made from the Ecotec engine.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2000ToYcElGtS said:
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
So your saying a Celica GT with CAI and exhaust can run low 15's? From what I've seen you need full bolt on's and then some to run low 15's in a Celica GT. Well maybe if the 100 shot made a bolt on Cavy run 13.08, than without the nitrous mid 14's are atainable, which that would never come from a Celica GT. I like Celicas, but would you guys realize what can be made from the Ecotec engine.
Show me a vid and a timeslip of a Cavy doing low 15's with just an intake. A car that runs high 15's will never run low 15's with a CAI. Secondly, aside from the bigger displacement, I dont see anything that would make a bolt on Cavy in the mid 14's.

·
Registered
680 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Show me a vid and a timeslip of a Cavy doing low 15's with just an intake. A car that runs high 15's will never run low 15's with a CAI. Secondly, aside from the bigger displacement, I dont see anything that would make a bolt on Cavy in the mid 14's.
These may not be time slips, but here are some times posted by people, be sure and read the mod list and then the times. I think the first guy had just an AEM intake and ran 15.1 in the 1/4.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=16707&t=16707

1 - 19 of 19 Posts