NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my front plate off and a TRD plate in the front of my car for about 2 years. Where I live the cops don't care about the front plate. Example: first day i had it i pulled up behind a cop, nothing happened.

This weekend my parents brought me my car at college and i decided to drive it to visit some friends at another college.
On my way there I was doing about 64 in a 55 (highway). I started driving next to a civic and a cop passed us going the other way. About a mile down the road was an under cover cop in a Charger. I saw him ahead and slowed down to about 60mph throwing the crusie control on. As soon as I pass him (civic is still next to me) he throws on the lights and pulls me over. He comes over to my car and asks if I know the guy in the civic, I said no. Then he asks why we were racing. I told him we were not. He said the cop that passed us said that we were both doing 64 and it looked like we were racing. I told him no. He says he is going to write me a ticket for no front plate, he takes my id goes to his car and returns. First thing he asks was who won the race. Again i told him we were not racing, he told me to put my plate back up and have a good day.

The very next day i was driving back to school and get pulled over by a state trooper who was driving on the side of the road. I pull over. I already know why having just been pulled over the day before. The cop walk over to the side of the car, i have my liscence and stuff ready. He asks for it. I ask why i was being pulled over. He said no front plate. I show him my ticket from the day before. He said that it didn't matter it was a new day and so i could get a new ticket. He asks why there was no plate. I said the car came with the TRD one. Then he asks why i didn;t change it after yesturday. I said that i am traveling and i dont have it with me. He didn't seem to understand that because he asked me more than once why i did not change the plates. He take my information back to the car and comes back 10 min later. He said that he had to go help another officer with something else. So i almost got a second ticket for no front plate.

When i look back at it i think i was targeted for having a modified, sporty looking car. either that or i have bad luck.

o well good bye TRD plate

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
damn that sucks.

I guess you gotta remove the TRD plate or register your car in a different state so you no longer are required to have it. You got any friends or family that lives outside of VA

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow that's crazy, what does your car look like? I see in your sig it almost looks stock...

Cops sucks, they can be d%&ks some times.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its all stock except for rims, smoked third brake light, smoked front turn signals, s2k antenna, and tyc chrome tail lights.

yeah when my parents brought it back home they put the plate back on

·
Registered
181 Posts
i think front plates are dumb, as you can see im from NC and we dont have them, and my girlfriend goes to college in VA and i cant stand the way yall do things up there. the main one is the front plate, and the next one is the inspection sticker in the middle it may just be me but i think VA needs to redo some stuff. and that second cop is a jack a$$ for trying to write the ticket after you showed him the first one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
how do they require a front plate!? alot of cars dont have front plates.. what do you do then? I guess i cant travel o_O
if your redgistered in a state that doesnt require a front plate i dont think they could give you a ticket for it, and in MA every one who redgistered there car before they passed the law that you need a front plate then you dont need one.. at least until next year when they are going to make every one who doesnt re-redgister because they only have one.. which sucks cause when i bought my celi the guy from where i bought it asked for the plates to put on then went "oh you dont have brakets for a front plate" and proceeded to drill into my bumper :sadpace:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'm slapping on the TRD plate soon and i will still keep my license plate relatively near the same spot... on the bottom grille =d. I guess that should help =/

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
some states issue 2 plates, hence why they require one on the front, cars can be identified from both directions and it keeps people from putting two plates on two cars.

florida issues only one plate and so there is no plate on the front. you are not going to get a second one if you travel out of state shadowlink.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That first cop is really stupid. If yall were racing wouldn't yall go higher than 64mph??

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
How can I register my car in different state if I don't live there? I would pick the state with no front license plate and darkest tint limit lol Although, I believe that they can give you a ticket anyways. It's like if you are citizen of one state and commit a crime in another, you will be punished by the second state rules even though you are not citizen there.

·
Banned
1,445 Posts
How can I register my car in different state if I don't live there? I would pick the state with no front license plate and darkest tint limit lol Although, I believe that they can give you a ticket anyways. It's like if you are citizen of one state and commit a crime in another, you will be punished by the second state rules even though you are not citizen there.
Be military, or travel to said state, take with you a bill (like gas/electric/cable for proof of residency), and voila... hence why find a friend or family :)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm slapping on the TRD plate soon and i will still keep my license plate relatively near the same spot... on the bottom grille =d. I guess that should help =/
just has to be mounted securely to the front of the vehicle.
i got pulled over not to long ago for it too. got a fix it ticket. and actually that guy shouldn't be allowed to write you for it. you have 10 days to get it fixed.

and yea i got pulled over just for the plate when i knew the cop was there. it is what it is. i just keep the trd plate handy for meets and shoots. couple screws and the deed is done.

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
In MASS. by law you have to have a front plate unless you got a green plate in the back which they stopped issuing around 10 years ago. I have always been driving without a front plate and got a few warnings, but no ticket. The paradox is in the fact that "by law" you have to have a plate in the front, but there is no designated legal punishment for not having one, sort of a loop hole in the system... I'm planning to get a side mounted bracket and mount the plate, I don't need extra attention...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts