1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
well, if you have the premium sound system and you want to power your speakers to have nice sound, you might need an amp. If you want to use the factory amp with this alpine you need a wiring harness, X-EVIL-X has it I think.

As for the HU, eh...it's ok, I'm an alpine fan, but I would've gone with at least the CDA-9807.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for the replies.

I'm running the speakers off the headunit, and it actually sounds alot better than the stock... I can tell a pretty big difference. I installed it earlier today, took only about an hour and a half. This was my first time doing an install, so I took the time to read over the manuals and all taht good stuff.

For anyone second thinking installing their stuff themselves, quit. It's so simple, the hardest part is starting. I had some doubts, but I jumped right into it. With crutchfield's guides, the **** was a breeze. Definitely worth the extra 20 dollars or so I lost going with them, as opposed to another company likes Frys.

As long as you have a good knowledge of soldering, or the tools to do crimps... it's nothing more than matching colors, connecting the wires, and plugging it all in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts