NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an alpine cva 1005 indash monitor/ radio, and an alpine dva 5200 indash cd/dvd player.

I want to either upgrade to an alpine cva 1006, and an alpine dva 5205

OR

This --->

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32825&item=3012126579&rd=1

A Clario INDASH 7" Monitor w/ built in dvd/vcd/cd player

I do however like how the alpine monitor, and in dash dvd that I have both make up a double din so it fills the stock audio slot, and this clarion is a single din, maybe a little bigger.

Let me know what you guys think, brand over brand, and what would look better, and sound better.

Thanks.

Dave

[email protected]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well i have the clarion vrx925vd and I really like it. I like how it does everything all in one unit, dvd/vcd/mp3/cd/fm/sirius/tv plus has 2 additional av inputs and the ability to lock the visual2 display while using other sound sources (cd, fm, etc). I used to have a alpine cva-1003 and in dash dvd player, and there is no question the clarion looks 1000x better the way it sits in the dash and is also superior in sound and every other way.
-Dan V.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
I've seen the Clarion and I gotta say, yes, it looks better than the 1006, and I'm an Alpine enthusiast. What would be really nice would be the new IVA-D900

but kinda pricy at $2300.00

I say go with the Clarion....

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I hace always been a fan of Alpine. I have the 1003 w/ 5205 combo and I like the dual head units too. The money that we pay for the Alpine should have all the thing that the Clarion does but it doesnt. IMO Alpine products are better, I am not saying Clarion sucks. Clarion is very nice with all the options it has. Your best bet is to go with the Clarion. Alpine cant compete with the options. I just hate how you gotta but every little option for Alpine decks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree, i have the clarion vrx925vd and i love it. It has the best sound and best picture. If you get it you should get the clarion dolby digital surround sound processor for it and a 4 channel amp for the mids and it sounds AMAZING.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts