NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, They fit nicely in your car and the sound pretty good. I actually have 6 of them in my GT. For the Amp I would think about what your final plans are and buy accordingly (.ie 2 channel/4channel)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i already have 2 12 inch type r subs with a 600 watt jbl amp. Im just wondering if these would sound good enuff to not get drowned out by the subs.

what amp do you use?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
i would amp the components as well...see what the specs are on the speakers and buy a decent 2 channel amp...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 channel amp?

I thought i would have to get a 4 channel since there are four speakers?

sorry im new at this stuff.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
um...really i feel upgrading the rear is useless in the celica...i honestly can't tell the difference...i have JL components up front and stocks in the rear and it sounds incredible, the front is amped my a 200 watt 2 channel amp that puts out around 100 to each side.

upgrading the rear is just spending money thats not needed to be spent...as long as u got a sub in the back and quality components up front u will be ahppy.

John

·
Registered
721 Posts
I hooked up an amp to the stock components up front. Not much of a difference at all; just a bit louder. Kinda a waste of an amp.

I was planning on upgrading the components later when I got the amp. So, do the woofers & tweeters in the 1st post directly replace the stocks up front?

Can anyone else recommend any other brands?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
no its not a direct replacement...u will need to get a adapter for the speakers to fit cause the toyota speakers use rivots to hold the speaker in...not to hard to figure out though...

John

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
buy some speedclips those rivets about screwed my whole day up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts