NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's excited about Ryzen? I have my desktop that I built in 2014 with my FX-8350, and it's still chugging along just fine.

I won't be building a new rig anytime soon, as I just bought a GTX 1070 ASUS laptop from my brother in law (got a GREAT deal).

It'll be nice that Intel actually has some competition in the market so that they can't put such a premium on their CPU's.

I've been team red from the beginning, anyone else here an AMD fan?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I haven't owned an AMD processor in over 15 years. But Ryzen's on my radar now, after reading previews and leaked benchmarks.

My main PC was built in 2009. An i7-920 OC'd to 3.6Ghz with 24GB RAM and a GTX 980SC. Still runs demanding games amazingly well.

My son wanted a gaming PC with his tax return so we built him an i5-7600 rig with 8GB RAM and an RX 480. And yes, it crushes mine in benchmarks.

I may have to build a Ryzen rig "just because". I jumped on the Kickstarter for Ashes of the Singularity back when for it's use of DX12. I can't wait to see what the 1700 or 1800 Ryzen can do with that game when coupled with a good DX12 GPU.

I swore off AMD those however many years ago because they and their motherboards had issues. Of course, that was a long time ago. And I swore off ATI (AMD) because every one of their GPUs I purchased died an early death while nVidia's been nearly flawless (running five of their GPUs right now, as a matter of fact, with a number more stored). But if Ryzen shows up well I may just have to build a PC based on it.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
Who's excited about Ryzen? I have my desktop that I built in 2014 with my FX-8350, and it's still chugging along just fine.

I won't be building a new rig anytime soon, as I just bought a GTX 1070 ASUS laptop from my brother in law (got a GREAT deal).

It'll be nice that Intel actually has some competition in the market so that they can't put such a premium on their CPU's.

I've been team red from the beginning, anyone else here an AMD fan?

Bought some AMD stock last summer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I'm an admitted Intel/Nvidia fanboi, but even I'm excited for competition, but gamer sales don't make a company. AMD needs to get back into the PC mainstream market but really needs to cut into the low power high efficiency stuff more. Lots of intel in portables, don't seen much AMD, or if I do it's not the selling point.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought some AMD stock last summer. :thumbup:
VERY good idea!

I'm an admitted Intel/Nvidia fanboi, but even I'm excited for competition, but gamer sales don't make a company. AMD needs to get back into the PC mainstream market but really needs to cut into the low power high efficiency stuff more. Lots of intel in portables, don't seen much AMD, or if I do it's not the selling point.
I'm an Nvidia fan myself, as they are (at this point) superior. Their APU's are decent...

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Just Russian hackers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yea iv always been an AMD fan and even if Intel is usually ahead AMD still have affordable products that comes close. When i get back home im acctually thinking about upgrading my old rigg. If i got the finances i might go for a Ryzen. Gotta take a look at compatability tho :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts