NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have the amp installed in a 2001 GT-S on the part which comes up with the hatch lid, however, i would like to have the amp installed to something more permant and also be able to reatain all the normal functions of a stock vehicle, such as access to the spare tire and the storage capicity. Note: This is a 1500 watt Audiobahn amp..Dimensions 11.9" W x 3.4" H x 19.3" L...any help will be greatly appreciated..thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
i suggest you mount it to the rear of the backseat. There is a metal frame behind the carpet. You can remove the 5 clips to get a better view of the seat's frame. I just did mine today and i came out very nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like both of those ideas, however, do you think it would cause any problem having the amp go accross both seats, because its freaking HUGE...would this not allow me to fold my seats down or anything...also, would there be any way to build a cover of some sort for my amp so when and if i did fold the seats down it wouldnt get damaged...thanks again for the reply

·
Registered
378 Posts
what type of amp do u have

·
Registered
378 Posts
ok, you could build a custom plexi glass cover or buy something along those lines to place right over the amp. The wires can be tucked into the carpeting and lead to whatever u need it to goto. And if u do use both seats you just gotta put them both down at the same time, not a huge deal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks firestorm, its a Audiobahn 1500HC...something along those lines, id have to go look. I guess what i meant before was, should i mount a piece of wood behind the amp, so i could put eight screws into it, to keep from putting pressure only on the amp mounting brackets. and then mount the amp to that block of wood..? any suggestions, i guess thats my only worry

·
Registered
378 Posts
i mean, amps usually have the factory holes drilled in them and that should keep them locked in, but try it without it at first, if its not enough support, then you gotta worry about a way to strengthen it. BTW i cant find any pics of your amp on google or ebay. if u could post a pic of it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hope this works, the only problem is it wont look too great being mounted horizontal, due to the fact that the flames will be running sideways, but it is way to big to be mounted vertically...

·
Registered
378 Posts
hmmmm, well you could make a custom cover for the spare tire cover and mount it to that. That would be your best bet if u wanna keep the flame vertical. Other than that you would have to mount it horizontal on the rear seats. And whats the specs on that HxWxD and LBs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dimensions are in first post, dont know the exact weight, doesnt appear to be more than most...i had it mounted in the same manner on my previous car

·
Registered
378 Posts
well ya, do...

A) make a custom spare tire cover
B) mount it horizontal along the rear seats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts