NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 amps. one is for my subs, one is for the other speakers. i currently have the front speakers on a sony amp and the and my subs on a RF amp.

i want to put the back speakers on the sony amp.... question i have is am i going to have to do anythign with the RCA cables? the rear RCA outs are going to the RF amp and i want the rear 6.5's on the sony amp. do i have to have some kind of line splitter?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
that depends on your headunit, and if you use the fader.

i'm guessing you must have two pairs of outs on the HU, because if you had a 3rd sub out, you would have already used that out for the subs. now if you want to just run the rears off the amp rather than the fronts, i'd say don't change anything. leave it wired to the front out.

the front and rear outs don't get any different of a signal, unless you use a fader. which since your subs are on the rear out, you already have a problem of a fader now altering your subs.

so just leave the rcas as is.

but, why would you want to amp rears and leave the fronts on the head unit???

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ack. sorry. let me clarify.

the sony amp is a 4 channel amp. i want to run the front and the rears off of it. the head unit has RCA left and right for the front and RCA left and right for the rear. the RCA rears right now are going to the RF amp. can i just wire the rears to the sony amp without a problem?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yeah that'd be no problem.

from there you have a few options to add in the sub. if the sony amp has a rca output you can hook that up to the sub amp. or if the sub amp has an out you can hook the rear rca to it and output that back to the other 2 chans of the sony amp. if you have no amp outs, use a pair of rca y-cables at the amps to split it to go to the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts