NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my ballasts went out like a month ago so I have been driving around with one HID and one stock. Its getting annoying. i had a couple of questions. What version of HID do you guys think the s2000 has? i want the color. also, how much would it costs to buy just one ballast? i am considering EVILS ballast. i dont know. thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
the S2000 uses a Philips D2S bulb, 4100K (OEM colour), ballast, im not sure. The reason why S2000 HIDs look so beautiful is because of the way the projector is designed. At the horizontal light cutoff, there is a LOT of chromatic abberation, and its been made to be blue/purple in color. So when one is behind you, you see it flash purple/blue.

In the Celica projectors, the cutoff line is reddish/yellow, with a hint of blue/purple, but those colors arent as prevelant as the reds. Therefore, it is impossible to mimic the purple/blue of the S2000, without swapping the Celica projectors with S2000 projectors.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
all HID questions must now be PM'd to HID expert pokgai :)
well maybe not "must" be PM"d but you might as well jus do it since he'll be the one to answer it!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had the phillips hella from gourmet garage. i bought it off of my friend but 5 months later, the ballast goes out. might as well TRY to sell mine and just get some 4100k HID. what is the best 4100? your opinions? pokgai?!?!? lol.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
yup the xenondepot ones dont seem bad. not sure if they REALLY use philips bulbs, but the kit looks good. autolamps-online.com also is good. make sure you tell them u have a celica though, so the tab is on the same side as the return wire (the bar thing next tot he bulb). or else you will get shadows in ur beam.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn i wish i could jump on that but i am waiting for my recaros so i am dead broke. unless someone can buy my 2 bulbs, and one ballast. LOL! i know no one owuld be interested...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.