NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys my time has FINALLY come (thank God for hail storm and insurance). i am finally getting a celica and i have to decide TOMORROW!

my choices are:
a. '00 GTS 6sp 36,000 miles
b. '02 GT 5sp 7,500 miles

both for the same color same price (15,000 asking price).
i've always planned on getting a gts but i plan on keeping the car for over 5 years. as well as investing most my money on mods. turbo somewhere down the line (2-3 years?)

what would you pick?

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
A

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
MY stance on this is both are 15000. The GTS is faster. If you are going to get blown why not just by Lower Comp pistons for 1000 with install and install the XS Turbo. That would be an insane car!!!

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Yeah, I definitely think that people that say you should get a GT have eyes bigger than there stomachs (as my mother used to say). Its easy to say you want a turbo, getting one is much different. Get the GT-S, it has more power and a better tranny. Anyone that says that the GT has a more "usable" power band has never driven both.

·
Registered
128 Posts
GTS!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!. to who ever is saying gt, do you have the gt or gts. why get a gt for the same price and then end up having to put a sh!t load of bolt on's to get the 40 extra hp the gts has. get the gts put the same stuff on if you had the gt and bang.. kick ass car. 36k miles ant sh!t come on. i had a 95 toyota camery 250k and still kicking hard before i got my celi. toyota makes a good engine. dont be a fool get the gts.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
ummm i say GT:D

it is newer plus trubo

plus people who get gt, might now drive it as hard as gt-s imo
since they do not have lift therefore do not keep it in hight rmp to hit the "lift"

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
slashsnumb1fan said:
GTS!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!. to who ever is saying gt, do you have the gt or gts. why get a gt for the same price and then end up having to put a sh!t load of bolt on's to get the 40 extra hp the gts has. get the gts put the same stuff on if you had the gt and bang.. kick ass car. 36k miles ant sh!t come on. i had a 95 toyota camery 250k and still kicking hard before i got my celi. toyota makes a good engine. dont be a fool get the gts.
i say gt and I own a gts.....

mainly to all the problems i've had with the tranny and **** that the gt's don't have as much of a problem with... that and its easier to trubo ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
GT

1 - 20 of 35 Posts