NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoo, ive been asking some weird questions and such but this one is important to me. I know theres thread everywhere about exhaust but I was wondering which Tanabe exhaust is best? Plus i heard one is illegal in the us im guessing bcuz of emissions and if the illehal is the best is there a way of passing the test with it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
the tanabes are good botht the hyper and racing medallionfrom wat ive heard the hyper might be better but im not sure on that as far as the emessions go it shouldnt be a problem becuz its the cat that deals with emissions and since its a cat-back exhaust it wont be messing with ur emissions btw is there a specific reason your so dedset on tanabe? there are better systems out ther

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there is a reason i am stuck on them thats because i saw some dynos and summaries of all the pipes and really it looks like top 3 pipe for me but the main reason i want it is because its sooooooo loud

·
Registered
82 Posts
well the kazuma is the loudest and gies the most performance there is a dyno shoot out for exhausts on our cars but i cant find it if u want sound and power go kazuma

·
Registered
101 Posts
i love all of this advice to go with the kazuma... do ppl like to get pulled over or get tickets? How is the extra loudness and maybe 1-1.5 hp worth this? The difference in hp isnt even noticeable over the TRD for instance.... you cant feel a 1-2hp difference, so why make problems when you dont have to???

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
well, its pretty loud, unless you live somewhere that you can get away with it, kazuma MIGHT give you problems. California doesn't allow them.
Trd Kazuma claims 25 hp at the crank. TRD sport is 14 at the crank.. So you do the math.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion is most popular and there are actual dynos for it. It has some nice gains. 0.2 less than TRD.

Beside that, I've heard that the Tanabe Hyper sounds ricey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts