NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That same night after my first 3 races.. I'm trying to head home cause I ended up pretty far away after all my high speed racing on the highway. I exit off the high way and see a lot of cars in a parking lot.. so I figure I guess I'll just stop in and see what they're up to. Basically it turns out these guys get together late at night and show of their cars, and some of them go drag race at various spots for the heck of it. So this pretty cool dude walks up to me and starts chatting me up about my car.. and tell me he's driving a '01 Mustang GT, with gears, exhaust, intake and some other junk.. and how he always wanted to race a 350.. well I say hey sure.. why not.. we can do that. I admitted that I'd probably lose since he ran a 13.74 at the track.. but I'm no slouch.

So he takes me out to a pretty sweet spot at O'hare airport where its basically 3 lanes of straight long road with NOONE around because its near the rental car lots that are all closed. This Mustang looks MENACING with HUGE rear tires and sounding like a beast from hell.. We line it up as he 'warms up' his tires by doing this humungous burn out... I know I have no chance but hey, lets do this... Light turns green and we go I get about a half car jump maybe before he hooks up.. as I slam second I peel a bit as he hooks it immediately and pulls on me.. I'm at his back bumper by the time I hit 3rd.. as he pulls a bit more till we let off at about 90-100 mph or so.. All in all I was back about a car or so.. so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would..

The guy was real cool about it and told me to come by there again somenight. His car was actually a sweet lookin stang.. real low, huge wheels and sounded mean as hell... real mean. One of those cars that just intimidates u by just driving behind it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Static your car looks great, now how bout that greddy turbo kit? Yeah your car is capable of low 14's. If he claims he's in the high 13's which also includes some puffery I bet on his part, yeah one car length is about right. If he has gears, they hurt the GT's in terms of top speed. Just cause they bark, don't mean they bite.

·
Registered
410 Posts
static said:
That same night after my first 3 races.. I'm trying to head home cause I ended up pretty far away after all my high speed racing on the highway. I exit off the high way and see a lot of cars in a parking lot.. so I figure I guess I'll just stop in and see what they're up to. Basically it turns out these guys get together late at night and show of their cars, and some of them go drag race at various spots for the heck of it. So this pretty cool dude walks up to me and starts chatting me up about my car.. and tell me he's driving a '01 Mustang GT, with gears, exhaust, intake and some other junk.. and how he always wanted to race a 350.. well I say hey sure.. why not.. we can do that. I admitted that I'd probably lose since he ran a 13.74 at the track.. but I'm no slouch.

So he takes me out to a pretty sweet spot at O'hare airport where its basically 3 lanes of straight long road with NOONE around because its near the rental car lots that are all closed. This Mustang looks MENACING with HUGE rear tires and sounding like a beast from hell.. We line it up as he 'warms up' his tires by doing this humungous burn out... I know I have no chance but hey, lets do this... Light turns green and we go I get about a half car jump maybe before he hooks up.. as I slam second I peel a bit as he hooks it immediately and pulls on me.. I'm at his back bumper by the time I hit 3rd.. as he pulls a bit more till we let off at about 90-100 mph or so.. All in all I was back about a car or so.. so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would..

The guy was real cool about it and told me to come by there again somenight. His car was actually a sweet lookin stang.. real low, huge wheels and sounded mean as hell... real mean. One of those cars that just intimidates u by just driving behind it!
Hey static, ever go to Byron Dragway (Byron, IL)? If you want to go sometime, P.M me and I will bring my 350 up their too. Should be a fun time. Was there last week and a member of ,My350Z.com was there(SilverBullet), he ran a 14.1 @101 MPH

Later...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
TeamDOHC4point6 said:
Static your car looks great, now how bout that greddy turbo kit? Yeah your car is capable of low 14's. If he claims he's in the high 13's which also includes some puffery I bet on his part, yeah one car length is about right. If he has gears, they hurt the GT's in terms of top speed. Just cause they bark, don't mean they bite.
depending on gear selection and traction, that mod list of coudl easily do low 13's with a good driver. the new GT's do bite.

static,

nice race bro, those 350's have always made me drool at their all around performance. so when you coming back to this side of the country to visit? I gotta show you the Talon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SlasherX said:

depending on gear selection and traction, that mod list of coudl easily do low 13's with a good driver. the new GT's do bite.

static,

nice race bro, those 350's have always made me drool at their all around performance. so when you coming back to this side of the country to visit? I gotta show you the Talon.
I've never had a problem with a NA GT 99+, slasherX, you give too much respect to Mustangs. :gap:

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
slasher if i'm remembering correctly had a modded V6 stang

·
Registered
410 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
u got a 350?:confused:
I have had my Z since thanksgiving.:chuckles:

SilverChrome Touring, Leather seats,Nav System,Aero Pkg,ect..
Basically a fully loaded Touring model $37,900, from Mcgraff Nissan Elgin, IL...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
TeamDOHC4point6 said:
I've never had a problem with a NA GT 99+, slasherX, you give too much respect to Mustangs. :gap:
I give respect where respect is due.

Most simply don't know enough about Mustangs to hold my jock in knowledge about them, or what they can do...therefore, "all mustang's are slow"

yes, I still have the V6 mustang..it's been my daily while I've been working on the Talon...Got a 15.1 out of it spinning to the 330ft mark..after that, the tracks closed, and I lost interest.

Picked up the Talon 2 weeks ago for cheap, and it's run 12's before me...I'm just tying up some loose ends before I add a timeslip to my own collection.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.