1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for your view, but I am assuming you have never work on both of
these cars, because you will notice that the RSX actually has a lot more
room between the engine and the fire wall. Just to remove the factory
exhaust manifold on a Celica does take a lot of time. You can actually remove the RSX header from the top, unlike the GTS which you have to turn the manifold upside down and then you can barely slide it out from underneath
I would just like to set the record straight, we do not dislike any vehicles, especially a Toyota.
The fact is, our President and founder of the company chose the name TRUST over 25years ago, because it closely resembled the TRD logo. He actually started off making Toyota Exhaust systems for Toyota racers. And if you search the history of GReddy and Trust you will see that the Toyota was one of the prime project vehicles we used. (In fact it is probably still the favorite) We even raced Group C and Le Mans with Toyota LM C91, C92, & C93s. If you look at some of the older Japanese TRD Catalogs you will see numerous TRD-TRUST sponsored race cars.
It is just that the current Celica models does not lend themselves easily to street legal turbo kits. And due to the fact that Toyota, USA is pushing there own TRD products, Toyota USA does not support other aftermarket companies with loaner cars or technical assistance, like other companies (like Honda).
I have personally yet to have seen a good turbo kit for the Celica that does not remove the factory catalytic converter or can pass strict ARB testing. I am not saying we will never make a GReddy Turbo kit for the Celica or even that we don't want to make a turbo kit, we just don't have the resources lined up at this time. Currently we have a lot of other projects we must complete first.
Please explain to your fellow Celica Enthusiast, we are supporting the car. We have just finished a great straight though cat back exhaust for the GTS and GT. And we are working on air intakes systems for them as well. We have also been working on some street legal headers for the GTS.
So if you wish to boycott GReddy, even though we are making Celica products, just not a Turbo kit yet that is your choice. But you should then boycott, just about every aftermarket manufacturer as well, since almost no one else has a turbo kit for the Celica either.

I hope you can let everyone know, GReddy wants to make great products for the car enthusiast, (that includes the Toyota Celica)
We love Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis, & Subarus equally.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,670 Posts

haha, i dunno if that's for you for making another greddy thread or to greddy for apparently RECYCLING RESPONSES TO OUR E-MAILS. i guess they got wind of all the threats to boycott and are saying "yeah? boycott this, bitch!"

we should just leave 'em alone already. they've made their decision. it would just make the satisfaction of burning a 6-7psi Greddy turboed RSX-S with our 10-12psi turboed GTS w/TRD internals that much better. (sshhh....not while i'm dreaming ;))

G

·
All i gotta say is that all of this crap from Greddy is BULL****!! The RSX isn't any easier to make aftermarket parts for then the Celica.. its virtually almost the same car... i mean they have their differences OF COURSE... but as far as compression, room, etc... they are close. AND ITS TAKEN THEM 2 YEARS TO COME OUT WITH INTAKE AND EXHAUST!!!!! what kind of crap is that? AEM, Injen, RMM, and TRD have been WAY ahead of them!! Everybody and their mother has intake and exhaust... and they are JUST NOW coming out with one... HOLY MOTHER OF ALL EXTREMELY SLOW AND IDIOTIC AFTERMARKET COMPANY'S!!!! All that **** they are spuing out to everyone about "we like all cars, yaddi yaddi yaddi" its a load of crap. Look at all of the **** ALREADY out for the RSX and look how long it took us just to get that. OHH and you know who else... Hotchkis... after 2 years they are FINALLY releasing front and rear sways.. but guess what they are releasing in like January? sways for the RSX. I mean for them it was probably easier for them to make the RSX ones because they already spent a ****LOAD OF TIME on the Celica. But this crap from Greddy is BS. Just because the RSX has a little bit more room where the exhaust manifold is doesn't mean that its any easier to build a STREET LEGAL turbo that will pass emmissions.. they have practically the same compression and everything!!! WTF!?!! do they think we are a bunch of stupid ass people who don't know anything and are gonna fall for their little story of how much they like toyota.

WHATEVER ASSHOLES!!! GREDDY CAN TAKE THEIR TURBO AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY MAKE AND SHOVE IT CAUSE I'M NEVER GONNA BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AFTER THIS.... I'LL BE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE RELEASE OF HKS'S TURBO NEXT YEAR!!!

oh yeah and that crap about Toyota not supporting aftermarket company's... WHHAAAA WHAAAA somebody call the WHHHAAAAMMBBBUUUULLLLAAANNNCCEEEE... you know they make soooo much damn money they could just BUY a Celica... hell they could buy a freakin USED GTS for under $20k!!!! ****in crybabies!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.