NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for good "driver" roads in Fairfax county. All that I have found so far are Guinea road and Waples Mill road. Any others?

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
go over towards some of the back roads off of 123 just past fairfax station..........jake could tell you ALL about them ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
party2go said:
go over towards some of the back roads off of 123 just past fairfax station..........jake could tell you ALL about them ;)
What kinda torque does that Blazer push? I used to race Extreme s-10 PUs and Blazers all the time. It was FUN! Maybe you are not one of these guys, but most of the guys 100% stock seem to think that the ground effects kits and 16" rims make the car faster...that was the best part.

BTW, I was in a Jeep Crerokee when I would race those guys...

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
the 4.3 V6 pushes 250lbs of torque........the xtreme s10's pickups are mid 15's to high 15sec truck tho.....the blazers mid 16's.....

which car where you in? the s10 p/u also come with 2.2 inline 4

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 95 Jeep cherokee with an inline 6. 220 torque stock, I was @ around 250 w/ mods, but my cherokee was a 5-speed.

I raced a few of the extreme s-10 PUs w/ the 4.3. I was working @ GM for the summer and those guys would talk trash on my jeep, so I would race them on the access road (straight private road over a mile long, extra wide for trailer deliveries). I ran consistent 14s, with an average of about 14.9.

I only ran one modded S-10 extreme 4.3 (I/E only) and still beat him, but only by 1/4 of a car.

I had full exhaust, CAI, street tires, low-temp t-stat, and the 5 speed in my favor, but I also had a brush guard, nerf bars, and a full roof rack.

Sleeper SUVs are FUN!

·
Registered
834 Posts
-Clifton Rd
-1/4 mile of Lee Chapel (between rt.123 and the FC Parkway)
-Hampton Rd
-Henderson Rd
-Old Hooes Rd

Theres tons of them, thats all I can think of for now.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
i would bet a manual V6 xtreme s10 p/u with I/E with a pretty good driver could hit high 14's

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I usually drive them slow a few times and gradually build up to "fun" speeds.

Thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
party2go said:
i would bet a manual V6 xtreme s10 p/u with I/E with a pretty good driver could hit high 14's
Definately. With that much torque, it would be a matter of getting a decent hookup off of the line. Once that was mastered, it would be smooth sailing. Depending on the tranny ratio (and the final drive ratio) I would think that the 4.3 blazers could get there too w/ an I/E.

Torque is fun!

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
a blazer won't see 14's without more help than just I/E :( needs more power........prolly a programmer so we can go over 96mph and a chip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts