NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am from oakland, those were like 4-5 years ago. I remember the godumbusa one. Sideshow doesnt go on like that anymore. Cops cracked down on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i'm from oakland and yes sideshows still exist... but not that hyphy anymore since like what gtscelica05 said, cops are crackin down on everything.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I remember the Treasure Island Meet. A cop strolled by and assume that we were going to start a sideshow at our meets -_-

It's because of these people why cops pull over scrapers/modified cars. When you drive a Monte Carlo w/ 24" wheels, they think you jump on your hood while the car is still rolling.

When you drive a fixed up import car, they think you drift and street race. Haha... Oh why is our country so lame?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
When you drive a Monte Carlo w/ 24" wheels, they think you jump on your hood while the car is still rolling.
Haha I see.

From the videos, it seemed like the people were jumping on random people's hoods who were just passing by. Not because they know the people but more like they were terrorizing them, yea?

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Shiit like this gives the city of Oakland a bad rep. Not every part of Oakland is ghetto.

I am from oakland, those were like 4-5 years ago. I remember the godumbusa one. Sideshow doesnt go on like that anymore. Cops cracked down on it.
Yup, Oakland PD is stopping that type of shiit and even street racing. But I hear they still do them, but not as much as before.

·
Super Moderator
52,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not every part of Oakland is ghetto.
A couple of weeks ago on the 880 side of Oakland, I got a little lost and had to find my way back to the freeway....and lets just say I'd rather not drive in that city ever again. The car that I was driving didn't get the "sideshow" beat down per say, but it was enough.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
A couple of weeks ago on the 880 side of Oakland, I got a little lost and had to find my way back to the freeway....and lets just say I'd rather not drive in that city ever again. The car that I was driving didn't get the "sideshow" beat down per say, but it was enough.
Wow. I'd like to see what it's like out there haha. Although, risking limbs is quite scary.

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Joey is right not all parts of oakland are ghetto but you have to go into the hills for that lol I have family in the hills and i have family at the bottom I hate visiting cuz every time i go to the store there is some low life outside the liquor store talkin bout "eh ma what yo name is" or "sup ma can i holla at u for a min, you got a man" it gets really old and u just wanna say u got a job?!?

the 880 side that by e 14th/international u dont want any parts of that lol

Wow. I'd like to see what it's like out there haha. Although, risking limbs is quite scary.
Silly boy your wouldn't lose a limb just your life lol

Does anyone remember a few years back when the thugs of oakland were killing people just to be killing people cuz the media kept reporting about how many people were murdered in oakland that summer so they kept count and it got into the 80's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts