NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a place where i can buy a modded ps2 or where i can get a ps2 modded. i have a jdm ps2 but it sux i can't play us games. so im thinking just getting a us ps2 and having it chipped...i want it to beable to play ORIGINAL import ps2 games as well as back ups...i really don't care bout the dvd function just as long as it plays US PS2 games and Import PS2 games

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
the USB mod sucks.. i have it. ive had it since last year.. u need to swap.. and it cant play dvdr.. and so on.. it just plain sucks.. if ur gona mod it.. do it right the first time.. get a chip that does everything and plays everything.. check out http://www.modchipman.com a bunch of my underground buds in the ps2 scene run it and recommend it..

·
Registered
480 Posts
i remember when i modded my PS1...my hand shake so bad that i can never be a surgeon. The hole ordeal of soddering the chip in correctly scared the crap out of me considering that a mistake would cost me my PS1 (which was a few months old at the time)

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Iceman.. if u thought ps1 was bad.. the ps2 solder points are B!TCHES.. and theres a lot more solder points and wires.. i think they reduced it these days.. with the new chips.. but before it use tobe like 50 wires to solder.. but the really good ones still require like a good amount.. so if u dont have a ps2.. and want a modded one.. might as well get one already pre-modded

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EuGeNiLe GTS said:
the USB mod sucks.. i have it. ive had it since last year.. u need to swap.. and it cant play dvdr.. and so on.. it just plain sucks.. if ur gona mod it.. do it right the first time.. get a chip that does everything and plays everything.. check out http://www.modchipman.com a bunch of my underground buds in the ps2 scene run it and recommend it..
hehe can ur underground buds give me a discount before i bust out with my credit card???

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
hey my friend dave could help you out he just got some mod chips, they look strange cause they come with there own mini board, anyway he said he can do it for $40 and he'll give some free games, but he doesn't know which one he can get yet. i think shinobi is one of them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Plaza

Hey JDM, you know where Hong Kong Plaza is ? If not it's in Rowland Hieght on Colima road between NOgales and Fullterton. INside that plaza they have a little booth they sell and mods PS1 and PS2. Go take a look they usally open at better hours during weekend.

·
Registered
658 Posts
at hong kong plaza in rowland, (west of the parking lot) there is a place called gamers-x.

they chip playstation 2s to play all games without the swap method. i dont know if this applies to japanese ps2s tho. you shuold drop by or give them a call.

the price, last time i checked, was around 90 dollars.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I have network plug for my PS2 but I have not tried to set it up :(
Not sure how to either :( Neways have not touched my PS2 since I got CounterStrike for my computer, damn that game is addicting :)
Well even if they do make a chip for GameCube, its hard to burn that disc or does GameCube play regular CD? I have not tried or read my manual, my Zelda Windtalker (name correct?) is still in its original wrap unopened :) That reminds me I gotta atleast try that out... Also reminds me my GT3 (ver?) is still in its original wrap also... arrrggghhhhh So many games so little time :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.