NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please count me in. I'm trying to replace my current tail lights. They're fugly! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Neo, I'm not sure if I saw you in Georgetown that time. Like you said, there could be a possibility. Sorry that I have not been able to attend any meetings. Been working alot lately. I also came accross the thought of selling my Celi and getting me a truck. I'm not sure what I'm gonna get just yet. Any suggestions? :)

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
FJ Cruiser.

that's the only truck in the world i would buy besides an Overfinch Range Rover but I'm guessing you like most don't have that kind of money lying around.

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
neological said:
FJ Cruiser.
I wouldn't bother with those. They had a recall on the tires or something. Risa told me about it before she left Ourisman.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I test-drove an FJ Cruiser and I must say it handles well. I was also looking at the new 4Runner and Sequoia. As you all can see, I'm keeping it within the Toyota family. :)

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Lexx said:
I test-drove an FJ Cruiser and I must say it handles well. I was also looking at the new 4Runner and Sequoia. As you all can see, I'm keeping it within the Toyota family. :)
4-Runner. For the same price as you would pay for the FJ, you would get an interior that cost more than $5, and you get all the bells and whistles.

About 2 months ago, I nearly sold my Tacoma to buy the 4-runner. And those were the two SUV's I had narrowed my choices down to (FJ and 4-Runner). FJ exterior is fantastic in my book. I wanted the maroon one. Interior was made at home by some kid in the appearance forum and a large bucket of fiberglass crap. Maybe even cheaper. :D

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
2000 XYR said:
party2go said:
I wouldn't bother with those. They had a recall on the tires or something. Risa told me about it before she left Ourisman.
So you wouldn't buy one because of the tires? Just make the dealership put on new ones or something.
The "or something" part should tell you I am not 100% certain it was the tires, but they did have a recall on them.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
party2go said:
2000 XYR said:
So you wouldn't buy one because of the tires? Just make the dealership put on new ones or something.
The "or something" part should tell you I am not 100% certain it was the tires, but they did have a recall on them.
Make : TOYOTA Model : FJ CRUISER Year : 2007
Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06V235000 Recall Date : JUN 26, 2006
Component: TIRES:BEAD
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 9434
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH EITHER BRIDGESTONE DUELER OR DUNLOP GRANDTREK TIRES, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE INNER BEAD OF THE TIRE MAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED. IF THE BEAD IS DAMAGED, A BULGE MAY DEVELOP ON THE SIDEWALL OF THE TIRE AND AIR MAY LEAK FROM THE AREA OF THE DAMAGED BEAD.
Consequence:
IF THE TIRE LOSES AIR PRESSURE IT MAY LEAD TO A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL AND INCREASE THE POSSIBILITY OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT ALL FIVE TIRES, INCLUDING THE SPARE TIRE, TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE WITHIN THE AFFECTED TIRE-TO-WHEEL ASSEMBLY RANGE AND REPLACE ALL INVOLVED TIRES WITH NEW TIRES FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 5, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331. NOTE: DUE TO AN ERROR IN THE DOT SERIAL NUMBER SECTION OF THE TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS, A NUMBER OF VEHICLES WERE NOT INSPECTED CORRECTLY. TOYOTA RELAUNCHED THIS CAMPAIGN IN MID-AUGUST 2006.
Notes:
TOYOTA RECALL NO. 6AD. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
I'm not a fan of buying the first year of a new model car, although I have done it several times.

In the case above, I would choose my own tires and insist that they be swapped out prior to delivery.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So... it looks like I might be getting a truck next year. If I was to sell my Celi, how much can I get out of it? The money I get for it will go towards my next vehicle. Any thoughts?

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
Lexx said:
So... it looks like I might be getting a truck next year. If I was to sell my Celi, how much can I get out of it? The money I get for it will go towards my next vehicle. Any thoughts?
X-runner.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Lexx said:
How many miles you have on it? I got 2k for mine and thought it was a great deal. :laugh:

I think someone else got closer to 10k?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
90,000+ miles. I'm assuming I can get more money off engine & exterior parts.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Scotty,

Do you really think they'd let an FJ off the lot with a known recall? :crazy2: Its not even related to Toyota so the possible, 'if there's one, it could be an overall quality issue' is out the window like me at Derek's parties. :crazy2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.