NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in the past this topic has come and gone, but I am in a unique situation where I have access to a 2nd ECU for my Celica GT and I am wondering if there is any companies ppl have heard of that might actually be able to do something to take greater advantage of my mods (basic bolt ons and N20).

I figure since I have access to the 2nd ECU I may as well try to explore it a little bit.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Would be awsome if it could be programed to take advantage of 90+ octain levels.
Also removing the fule cut off would be nice.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that's so disappointing, why oh why does our poor little car get neglected?

Who is the most reputable company out there that works on ECU's for other cars? Be worth giving them a call you think?

Bottomline is I got this ECU sitting here may as well pick up the phone if I can. :)

I thought we had all but determined it was a spark cut not a fuel cut?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is there hope for the gt ecu? Check out the May sport compact car magazine or maybe the website. They're talking about some guy who has the tools to tinker with the ecu on an mr2 or to us a 1zz-ge engine. Good luck

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Me and David Draper took a Stab at is. I was unsuccessful so I took it to school to have some techs look at it. They werent able to get anything. From what Ive heard its the type of memory that is onboard the ECU. Its a non flashable memory type so even if adjustments were made there is no way to save the data. David had me looking into Replacement EEPROM chips and the price and them were rediculous. For now, piggybacking I think is all that can be accomplished.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not sure about brands, but the AEM system sounds pretty good. It is supposed to do a lot of stuff and has the same base programming as the ecu. It is recomended that the stock ecu remain in use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts