NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the full installation of a brand new 2ZZ that I built and I'm having an overheating problem. Noticed it right after I got into VVTLi.

I am open to possable causes to the problem.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
yeah defiantly check the coolant. Mine got messed up that way and was overheating as well. Theres suppose to be a special way to put the coolant in.

It also could be the belt. but I highly doubt it in your situation.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Jack the front of the car WAY up and bleed it for like an hour with teh AC on and heater runnign at max (make sure to keep the cap off and the collant bottle topped off). Seems to do the trick most of the time- celica is just a bitch to bleed out. The vacuum bleeders that evacuate the system and let the vacuum draw the new coolant in seem to work pretty well too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Griffin said:
Jack the front of the car WAY up and bleed it for like an hour with teh AC on and heater runnign at max (make sure to keep the cap off and the collant bottle topped off). Seems to do the trick most of the time- celica is just a bitch to bleed out. The vacuum bleeders that evacuate the system and let the vacuum draw the new coolant in seem to work pretty well too.
Worked for me.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
when i got my car back from dealer after a new motor(and eight months of waiting) they forgot to clamp a radiator hose... all that coolant split out when i was sitting in a parking lot 15 minutes after leaving the dealer. the ****ty thing was, i picked up the car right as the dealership was closing, and i had to find a way to get to autozone or walmart(about 2 miles away) on one of the coldest nights of the year

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not only that. Dude, you will have a hell of a time with that motor. I bled the hell out of it yesterday. Went for a good hour. Still over heated. Replaced the thermostat and everything. Took it to the dealer and they vacuumed it and said even with all I did there was a bunch of air in there. They said with the Celica, the best thing to do is take it to the dealer. $30 for the labor, flush and refill. Not bad IMHO.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
HELP GTSnut!!!!

ok the bleeding did not help. I was bleeding the thing for a good hour and a half. did not work. what should i do?? what should i ask/tell the dealer??

i drove it for a couple of blocks and it overheated like a bieaaaaaaaaaatch:ugh:

·
Registered
394 Posts
after you drive it unscrew the little cap on the resevor (the smaller one) with a rag over it so it dont burn you and most of the air should come out if you do this 2 or 3 times i just rebuilt my motor had the same problem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts