NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im talking about stock painted pieces from the factory. coz i want some stock silver fenders for trade for my silver x1 fenders.. so i was just wondering if there would be a noticable difference in the paint between panels?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Depends on the age difference between the parts, but I don't think silver would fade as fast as blue, red, yellow, etc.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
How old are the fenders? There's also a chance that the color could be a bit off from the factory. My friend's Spec Blue Celica was a bit paler in color compared to mine, yet it was a year newer.

·
Registered
500 Posts
it doesnt matter the age of the aint with the 1do color, it wont match. i work at a body shop have had at least 4 diffrent kits, blended them all, it wont match. the 1do color is called a coarse metallic paint, there isnt a way for it to match without blending iot onto the doors and front and hood, sorry

·
Registered
145 Posts
I swapped doors, fenders, all bumpers and hatch. Car color is Carbon Blue and everything looks fine except the door on the passenger side. For some reason it is much much lighter in color and is really noticable. I wouldnt suggest doing it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Matching 1D0 is a bitch. Every silver celica I see like mine is a shade different, just slightly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts