NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever use a lower compression piston for the 2zz?

Hello, newby here!

I know that this be a Celica forum, but my Matrix XRS has the same 2zz so I thought I'd tap the local intelligence pool here and see if you can help my with my query.

I know there is at least one lower compression piston on the market is made by Wiseco (I'm not sure if there are others).

Can anyone here tell me if you've utilized a lower compression piston for the 2zz, so as to help in the pusuit of slapping on a turbo or supercharger system?

I understand that there is bolt on turbo systems for the Celica, but the Matrix (so far as I've been able to find) requires custom work.

Any info would be greatly appriciated!

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
I know people have found much sucess with lower compression pistons on the 1zz powerplant, not sure if I've seen the same thing done to the 2zz. Might want to do a search of the f/i forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
I know people have found much sucess with lower compression pistons on the 1zz powerplant, not sure if I've seen the same thing done to the 2zz. Might want to do a search of the f/i forum.
-------------------------

I know Wiseco makes a 2zz piston with a 8.5-9 to 1 compression ratio for the 2zz, but I only learned about this company like 2 weeks ago, so I'm not too trusting of their products till I've had a chance to see if others have had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
you pretty much need to lower the compression if your going F/I depending on boost. Pistons can be made by any manuf.(JE, Arias, etc) you just need to provide them with the dimensions. C2 suggests to get pistons other than wiseco because of oil consumption during cold starts and the loud slapping of the pistons. hope this helps. I am also new to F/I, but I have been reading up on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m.aurelius said:
you pretty much need to lower the compression if your going F/I depending on boost. Pistons can be made by any manuf.(JE, Arias, etc) you just need to provide them with the dimensions. C2 suggests to get pistons other than wiseco because of oil consumption during cold starts and the loud slapping of the pistons. hope this helps. I am also new to F/I, but I have been reading up on them.
----------------------

Good to know. Just wish someone here had already done some leg work on my question. I did read about that Wiseco incident with the 12.5 to 1 ratio pistons and how Monkey Wrench turned into 'Well, it's probably your fault, not mine' scenario. Bad customer service so far as I see it.

Anyhoo, I just find if frustrating. I'm willing to spend $4k to get my car goosed with FI, but it's looking more and more like that's not going to happen because of the engines 'sensitivity issues' with compression.

Maybe I'll get that new 2005 Mustang!

:AF:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts