NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone faired with the rain. We wanted to do the meet but spent all weekend fighing the water coming in the foundation of the basement. We think we got it all patched up in the end. Todd's car is a Bills, but we heard parts of sterling ended up under water so we are hoping the scubie didn't become a boat. I haven't heard anything yet, so i'm assuming all is good.

For those that have been to my house, they may remember a huge ravine sort of thing at the bottom of the hill inbetween our house and the elementary school. Yeah, that was all filled up. Saturday night saw a least 2 inches of rain in an hour. It wasn't fun. Here is a crappy cell phone photo of the flooded ravine. You can see the tops of trees to the right and the drainage top to the left.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
it was fun driving home from work yesterday with retards on the road everywhere. Some fool in an escalade took out a huge power line pole on Route 3. The bottom of the pole broke off and the rest of it was sitting there suspended.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
OK here. The downspouts washed some of our mulch out into the yard. Have to rake it back up when it dries out a bit.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
While arriving in Chesapeake City for Canal Days on Saturday, there were 4 vehicles leaving for every 1 arriving due to the endless rain. The hard core remained and the strong prevailed.

It is a bash that all should attend.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
MicaCeli said:
Glad I didn't come sunday.
Driving in the rain was fun. But your car was already kinda spinhappy.

Standing around in impound for 45 minutes waiting for results... not fun.

Volunteering for Ladies/Bonus challenge for an hour... not fun

·
Registered
747 Posts
From Saturday 4:00 PM until tonight, just before 8:00 PM Monday, my back yard rain gauge shows an accumulation of over 10.5" of rain.... and it's still pouring outside :ugh:

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Apt in Columbia A-ok!
High school by the apt not so good. The road was nearly flooded out with muddy water. I was seriously pissed I had to drive teh Evo through it. It's ok though the downpour washed it all away. All that trouble just for dryer sheets :rolleyes:

Church was an absolute mess though. All the thunder scared the piss outta him.(not literally) :(

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dbzog said:
From Saturday 4:00 PM until tonight, just before 8:00 PM Monday, my back yard rain gauge shows an accumulation of over 10.5" of rain.... and it's still pouring outside :ugh:
no wonder why my basement is still taking on water....

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
ragingpaseo said:
that looks pretty bad, but my car nearly hydro-locked going through some water this morning...
that would have sucked, how can you tell if you almost Hydro Locked?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have a pond in my front yard, a river running down my driveway and thru my backyard heading straight for my shed, and water from this mini river being so high that it's actually running into my pool. Just got inside after being out in that F'in rain for two hours to divert the river from the shed and pump out the pool. I was soaked!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
rain does suck... i wish it would stop already...

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
I have weeds that are over a foot tall now. I can't cut the grass until it's dry. I had a dream last night that the grass grew to my chest, and there were other huge weeds I needed an ax to bring down. I also fed a hornet a mudball, and then had to kill about 20 giant ones with some bug spray.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts