NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, laff if ya want to:chuckles: My battery was dead and I had it recharged. After getting the bettery back, I tried to put it back in, but when I connect the neg (-) terminal the lights blink and the horn goes off continuously until I disconnect it. I tried hitting the panic button, the door lock, and door unlock....but it started honking and flashing and going crazy the minute the negative terminal touches the battery.... is there something I'm missing here? I've never had to take the battery completely out before, can someone help a brother out? heh

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
when i put on my new battery as soon as i connected the terminals my car starts by it self so i just shut it off with my remote right after!i think its just your alarm activating itself i dunno if that helps!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm...maybe there's a manufacturers alarm code? Oh well, I'm just gonna call the dealership and ask what the deal is. Thanks for the input guys.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please post them up. Although Blue, maybe my keyless entry unit thingy is running low on battery power too?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mica, I'll def. try that when I get home.

My68Spit - It's a Toyota battery, it just died from sitting there awhile (I had the alarm on the whole time). It's not my daily driver.

Well I just got off the phone with 2 different Toyota dealerships. They said the battery probably isn't completely charged or holding it's charge. They both said the alarm will go off and haywire if there isn't enough juice. What do ya'll think?

And thanks for the suggestions fellas. If I can't get the alarm to turn off, then I'll probably get a new battery. Any suggestions? I hear Optima alot

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
Press the door lock button and that should turn it off.
LOL well I was always able to turn it off, I was just suggesting that thats probably whats happening to him.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by bickley
Thanks Mica, I'll def. try that when I get home.

My68Spit - It's a Toyota battery, it just died from sitting there awhile (I had the alarm on the whole time). It's not my daily driver.

Well I just got off the phone with 2 different Toyota dealerships. They said the battery probably isn't completely charged or holding it's charge. They both said the alarm will go off and haywire if there isn't enough juice. What do ya'll think?

And thanks for the suggestions fellas. If I can't get the alarm to turn off, then I'll probably get a new battery. Any suggestions? I hear Optima alot
if the battery dies frequently from sitting for a few days it's time for a new battery. My battery was constantly dieing, even corroding around the negative terminal. My dad was nice enough to surprise me one night with a new battery since at the time my budget was low and I was getting tired of jumping my car. He just went down to the local car parts store and I believe he got an Exide battery... works great.

edit: on a side note since you were speaking of your alarm, i'm not sure about that. I have an aftermarket clifford alarm and there was no prob hooking up the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts