NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? Or know if its any good?

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have there rear upper strut bar
Yea I saw your post, thats why I looked UR up :D

I was about to buy it but dont know if it would fit with my optima redtop, also it looks like it only connects by two bolts on each side instead of all three, not sure if that matters tho.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
it shouldnt matter as far as the red top optima. yea i noticed the 2 bolt mounting as well. im sure it would still be just as strong as the other versions. the nice thing with this bar is its a solid one piece and not 2 or three pieces that normaly see.

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the nice thing with this bar is its a solid one piece and not 2 or three pieces that normaly see.
Thats the thing I liked about it, hopes it just as good.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
the rear upper bar is really nice as far as the welds go there clean and precise. the powder coat on the other hand lol that wasnt so nice it looks good but could have been beter. it bolted right in place which is a plus, no fabing to get it to work.

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^Did the rear plastic not fit after you put to UR bar in the back, or did you just choose not to put it back on? Also it doesn't matter if the paint is crappy, im going to paint it anyway.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
no you gotta cut some of the plastic away for the bar. i cut mine in place because i didnt want to ripp it all out and remove my 3 point lol.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the UR rear sway bar on my '08 Camry. Huge handling difference compared to the stock sway bar. Stock is 16mm and UR is 19mm.

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally got my UR strut bar and the POS doesn't fit. I will have to relocate my brake fluid reservoir(which im not to sure how to do) and I also have to move a hose.

The circle is where my brake fluid reservoir is, and the arrow is pointing the spot where the bar will be hitting the hose.

EDIT:

You can see in this picture where it hits the reservoir

In this pic you can see the hose thats underneath that Im talking about

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
My C-ONE type R bar hits my res tank as well. all i did is push it up a bit so the bar would fit. but yes all the bars were made for the RHD version

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
i dont think its a good idea to relocate a brake fluid resevoir... it might mess with something..

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think its a good idea to relocate a brake fluid resevoir... it might mess with something.
Yea I wasn't really planning on moving it. I really like this bar too, because its all one piece unlike most of the other ones on the market.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
the bar will work bro, youll just have to improvise to get it to bolt down. the bar shouldnt hit that hose your talking about, it should only go under the metal lip a little bit. turn the bar around it looks like one side of the bracket is shorter than the other but could be the camera angles that are posted.

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trust me I did try, the reservoir is in the way. Ill try again later today just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
another thing you can do is relocate the reservoir lower than where its at. im thinking of doing that anywase with mine so i dont damage the lid of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts