NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
what about putting spacer under the strut's holding plate?? i've done that with my beatrush bar..something to try i guess.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
YUP :gap::wave:

So they finally got back to me and have designed a new one and are sending me 2 new prototypes for free to test on "LHD US Celicas" They said if they work I can keep bot of them and if not to make the markings on each one of them as to where the crossbar should be welded. Stand by for further information.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Strut bars are a waste of money....they will just make your car push unless you have a full handling build done
Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Celica GT-S
14 Posts
Time to resurrect a 2 year old thread again! Did you all ever find out if Ultra Racing created a LHD version of the strut bar?

From my research, it seems like there is mainly one part # which is UR-TW2-182 and if I had to guess is for the RHD... and from ebay I also found another part #UR-TW2-3946 which claims to be the LHD version. I'm emailing the manufacturer to check.

·
Registered
2003 Celica GT-S
14 Posts
I heard word back from Ultra Racing USA who wrote "Hey Stu, unfortunately we don't sell these parts anymore. We don't sell on Ebay or any other third party websites. And you are correct, the RHD bar will only fit on the RHD car. And yes, that is the correct part for the LHD. I can't confirm that the parts on Ebay will be authentic. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I found the LHD part#UR-TW2-3946 on ebay for $158 which I might go with -
Was thinking this strut bar would be more rigid than the flimsy aluminum ones from Tanabe or Megan Racing they sell nowadays...

Any thoughts?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts