NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Don't even think about doing that if you live in O.C.
You will be pulled over, no doubt about it.
Before my turbo I had my resonator taken off and no cat but I did have a muffler, cop heard me 3 blocks away and followed the sound to my car. That is how loud it is without resonator and straight pipe.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I got a custom straight pipe going to a 5zigen axle back and YES it is loud. A little too loud... but theres no restriction in the airflow...

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
ehhh.... with NA Celica you need some restriction for the backpressure, you only go with no restriction when you go turbo because turbo is all the restriction you need. Just thought to point that out :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got a straight pipe w/ the end section of a greddy axle-back (basically just a tip) and its freaking LOUD! I've had it for about a year now and I havent been pulled over for it :thumbup:

Just dont drive in Newport Beach area... they will pull you over and give you a ticket for any non-stock sound coming from the car. Ive been pulled over 3 times in my gsxr-600 telefonica for my yoshi exhaust. Its not even freaking loud... NB area is anal about sound.

·
Registered
990 Posts
its gonna be louuuud even louder than just unbolting the exhuast i wouldnt recommend it

·
Registered
896 Posts
I got full 3", straight piping, no resonators. I haven't been pulled over yet, but i'm sure I will if I come in contact with a pig. The thing with exhaust is that even if your not on the throttle its loud. 115 db I think.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i had a y pipe after before the muffler with one of those electric butterflys.. but i got a great deal on my rmm so i took the butterfly off and its sitting in my garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts