NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have eibach sportlines on my car and I want to get an alignment done. I went to PepBoys to get it done but they only have the alignment settings for our stock car. They told me if I can get the specs, then they can do it. So with that said, does anyone know the specs for alignment for the celicas with eibach sportlines on?

Thanks,

Marvin V.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Plain&Simple said:
I went to PepBoys to get it done but they only have the alignment settings for our stock car. They told me if I can get the specs, then they can do it.
Are you fugging kidding me? Whoever you talked to at Pepboys has no idea what they are doing.

There is no "spec for alignment of Celicas with Eibach Sportline springs." They should either do the alignment according to the stock spec or ask you what specs you want. It has nothing to do with what springs you have on your car.

Now, if they are saying they can't set the front alignment to stock spec because there's not enough adjustment, thus they need a new spec for the front, then that's a valid request. But I have a feeling that's not what they were asking for.

I suggest you find another place to get your alignment done. Preferably a place that has a clue.

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Not an expert but aren't the sportlines the ones with the big drop. If so you may require additional hardware to allow the alignment to be brought into spec.

Edit: Visited their site and you need the alignment kit which allows rear +/- 1.75 degrees of adjustment P/N 5.81270K .

· Registered
5,389 Posts
any idea how much these the alignment kits cost, and are they application specific? like could u get a generic alignment kit to workt he eibachs?

im looking to get the eibach sportlines but am no suspension expert.

· Registered
4,660 Posts
Don't get the sportlines, get something w/ some realistic potential to handle corners...like Hotchkis, Teins, TRD
I have the sportlines, and WISH that i had just saved all that money and researched prior to buying them...

That is unless you are going for looks, then sportlines are the way to go :D

· Registered
2,045 Posts
The stock adjustment in the rear is good for +/-2.0 degrees.

If the front is an issue, just go to Toyota and buy 2 "2 dot" and 2 "3 dot" alignment bolts. They're only about $5 a piece and that will get you approx +/- 2.0 degrees camber in the front too.

· Registered
298 Posts
Sirk_2 said:
Don't get the sportlines, get something w/ some realistic potential to handle corners...like Hotchkis, Teins, TRD
I have the sportlines, and WISH that i had just saved all that money and researched prior to buying them...

That is unless you are going for looks, then sportlines are the way to go :D
Do you have aftermarkete shocks to compliment the springs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.