NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spark plug on my car they said in clyinder #3 is cross threaded something happened with my car the other day. Shifted to 2nd gear and all I heard was grinding within the motor. I think the Piston hit the spark plug and caused the thread to get f'ed up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just spun a rod bearing in my motor and am replacing it with a brand new motor. I just had my head replaced 5,000 miles ago and was thinking of parting out the old engine anyway. The head is still in perfect condition. I plan on doing the swap sometime in the next few weeks so I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much are you thinking of selling it?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
who told you that your spark plug was cross threaded?
how can the piston hit the spark plug unless the piston got a hole blown through it?
how is the grinding now when you shift slow? Is the car driveable?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyota dealership told me the spark plug is cross threaded. The car is not driveable I think they gave me 1 wrong spark plug and the piston slapped the sparkplug at tdc and caused the thread to get ****ed up. Im gonna try putting some wd-40 in the cyinder where the spark plug is about enough to cover the spark plug hopefully it gets into the threads and lubricates it so I can get the spark plug out. Hopefully the threads arent screwed up bad hopefully its just lodged in there. I have to give push the gas pedal down all the way and and then it will crank over but I hear grinding.

·
Registered
903 Posts
if toyota gave you the wrong plug....shouldnt it be under warranty?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
FrostsCelicaGTS said:
I have to give push the gas pedal down all the way and and then it will crank over but I hear grinding.
something tells me you will need more than the "top" of the motor...
R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts