NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for the tensioner there is a problem with the wheel and the bearings associated with it...i actually replaced it myself with a new goodyear belt...don't know about the misshift though, i think most of us have gone through it without a further problems...i know for a fact that most toyota dealers are stingy and will not attempt to fix such problems...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Misshifts are driver error and not mechanical. Althought, some people insist that it's a design fault for making it easy to misshift, I still believe it's the fault of the driver.

As for the belt tensioner, it's been an ongoing problem. I had the dealer fix it twice and it always come back after a couple of months. I don't think there's a permanent fix yet. I don't consider it as a "problem", but more of a annoyance.

·
Registered
827 Posts
a misshift is definitely driver's error. I misshifted my 00 gts and i know it was definitely my fault! Although, on the other hand, maybe if the gates were wider, then it wouldn't have happened. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. i still think it's driver's error, though.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The belt tensioner is definitely an issue for all Celicas that dealers don't seem to have a clue on how to go about fixing. I consider it an annoyance.

Mis-shifts...what are those? :p
*Awaits auto GT flames; puts flame suit on*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts