1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
haha, come on bullet, you of all people should know never to go cheap on parts.

those look decent to me, but i'd just go for some Brembo OE replacements with new stock pads. possibly some portfield RS4 pads

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kimGT said:
haha, come on bullet, you of all people should know never to go cheap on parts.
Ohhh, I'm well aware! But I'm also aware that with a kid on the way I need to save every penny I can! But I neeeed brakes, so like I said: I want to get this done as cheaply as possible. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this product.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I upped my budget a little bit an I think I'll be going this route:

EBC rotors with Axxis pads... probably a little better I think. ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
axxis pads are make your rims SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dirty

i can't wait to swap them out. I can't stand washing my car and 2 days later my front rims are gunmetal and the back are still silver

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ever look into the StopTech Stage 2 kit?

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
MicaCeli said:
Get some Hawk pads.....Why do you need rotors?
I was concidering Hawks, have you had a good experience with them? And I need rotors cause mine are warped and rusted! :nono:

S|Lv3rBu||et said:
Trying to get out of it as cheaply as possible while keeping the quality up there.
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
...with a kid on the way I need to save every penny I can!
Hwanger said:
Ever look into the StopTech Stage 2 kit?
Concidering the stoptech stage 2 kit is roughly 4.5 times more expensive than my budget allows, no I did not look into it. :gap:

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So I dropped my budget to $200 max and the best combo I could find was Power Slot rotors with EBC Ultimax pads, I'll let everyone know what I think about them once I get them installed on monday. Got the set for $198 w/ free shipping from www.autopartswarehouse.com
These coupled with the Centric rear shoes, machined drums (first time I've done the rear brakes in the life of the car, over 123K miles) and a brake system bleed and I should be stopping mighty quick. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts