NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean like commute to work, school, etc., like 45mins or more each way. Do you find the seats of the Celica a little not "supporting", especially since you stay in the car so long. I use to not care but after having to commute 45mins each way now and spending like 1.5-2 hours a day in the car. I found the Celica seats horriblely insufficent for commuting and spending a hour or two each day in the car. The seats seem a little "thin", I mean the car was build like that for a purpose but I would have hope they made it with a little more padding or thicker for those of use who use the car to commute daily.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i drive to work, takes about 25-35minutes, and i dont have a problem with the seats. i think their perfect...? :confused:

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I have no problems at all with the seats. If you don't like them, simply swap them out for some Sparco's, Corbeau's, etc.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I drive about 40 to 50 mins one way and i think the seats are just right.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I feel you bro, I go to college 2.5 hrs away from home. Combine those seats with a TRD exhaust and Hotchkis/ TRD suspension and it can get very annoying. The Celica is a great car to drive in the city but when it comes to commuting for more than an hr, it can become irratating.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I think that the stock Celica seats are really comfortable.

Do you know that you can adjust the lumbar support with a knob on the side of the seat? Try adusting that and see if you find a setting that works better for you.

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Celica seats are among the most comfortable I have ever sat in when it comes to sport compacts. Every other car I have driven in makes me tired after a trip besides the Celica.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
30HR DRIVE?!!!! what the heck?

i've driven back from vegas one time in Thanksgiving traffic, and it took 8 hours.. my asss was mad sore.. so its not THAT comfortable, but way better than the back of a volkswagen.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I only "commute" for about 10 minutes 4 days a week, the rest of my 20K per year comes on the weekinds when I make 1 to 10 hour trips to autocross and road race events. Never had a problem with the seats of noise from my TRD exhaust.

Maybe your not "sitting" right. Correct seat adjustment can make a world of difference. Hint the "gangster lean" is never comfortable.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
When i first got the car I couldn't drive for longer than like 30 or 40 minutes straight without having to get out and stretch cuz they gave my lower back a pain. But I just got used to them, now they fine, haven't had to get out to stretch for who knows how long, and thats even with drives 2+ hours long.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
NeSyO03 said:
When i first got the car I couldn't drive for longer than like 30 or 40 minutes straight without having to get out and stretch cuz they gave my lower back a pain. But I just got used to them, now they fine, haven't had to get out to stretch for who knows how long, and thats even with drives 2+ hours long.
I agree, it seems like it just took me some time to get used to the feel of the seats. You are siting very low in this car, sit in a focus sometime and you'll realize how low and rather horizontal your legs are when in an Celica. In a focus (or whatever other car) you are sitting like you are in a normal chair.

That's what happend to me when I initially bought a Celica way back when.... I got uncomfortable right away. Now I make a trip back to see my folks very often and have no trouble doing it for 7 hours straight one way.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i drive my celica to work, school, basically anywhere since it is my only car and my daily driver and i have no problems with the seats what so ever.. the thing that does bother me is that when i turn up the music my interior near the door rattles... it so annoying. does anyone else have this problem?? it seems like its coming right from the speaker area

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
It's not the best for the long driving.. but it's pretty good... for it's design for compact sports....
Not as comfortable as my avalon.... but not bad.... kind of keeps me awake cause of sore back on long trip.....
I goto sleep when it's comfortable in long drive...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Loosen Up dude!
I had the same trouble when I first got my celica I drove it from Columbus OH to Cleveland and my back was shot. I'm wondering if you have a stick and maybe that your driving too tense. anyway

I finally got used to it after changing the angle of the seat to lean more to the rear of the car.
Its easy to do just put a couple of washers on the 2 front seat bolts. Try that because the what helps me!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts