NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well im car is making this funny shaking noise sounds like near the top of the engine but im not sure its so loud sounds like its coming from everywhere.

I think typing out the sound would be totally fail but ill try

Chetk Chetk crukt treft

*sigh* well i recorded the sound. It is hard to hear so you might have to turn up the sound all the way on your computer and speakers. but dont forget to turn it down after. haha

Well im guessing it just cuz the miles is getting high (about 130k) but might be somthing small.

Anyone know what it is?

[edit]
this piceture of the CLEAN engine is just a pic. not my engine.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,633 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it goes on and off but when i gas sometimes it does make noise. I noticed its stronger after i make turns.

So anyone know how much it costs to fix? I fear doing work under the hood besides change oil. haha

·
15,633 Posts
Checked the oil level lately?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Dude check your oil seriously. You may be low and thats what causing the sound. If its getting louder on turns its because the oil is shifting to the side that your turning and your oil volume is too low to keep your internals lubed properly. How long has this been going on for now?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i checked it is was alittle low but not super low. so i changed it anyways since i had enough oil and a one fliter left. But it makes the noise when i start it but goes away after like 3secs.

·
15,633 Posts
Sounds like VVT noise might win. Clean the VVT OCV screen. How dirty was the oil you drained? Might want to do some expedited oil change intervals and clean things out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts