NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any got seleve coil-overs that are able to slam there front? I got vis vspec2 and i got a one fingure gap. :(

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
How bout u leave one finger gap in the back so it looks even....slammed celicas look GAY. Plz dont slam it at shows.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey voodoo, i bought the vis coilover sleeves too, like a yr ago.. they suck crap, i ended up having my friend cut the front springs so that i can lower the front some more....

·
Registered
687 Posts
AIRBAGS AIRSTRUTS PSST PSST

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eugic92 said:
hey voodoo, i bought the vis coilover sleeves too, like a yr ago.. they suck crap, i ended up having my friend cut the front springs so that i can lower the front some more....
if i were to cut it, wont there be sharp edge on the spring? i will loose that flat serface on the spring. how was the ride after cutting?

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey vj, after cutting the springs it did leave the sharp edge, but it doesn't effect the strut assembly. when you bring the car down, it just lowers the struts together and sandwiches it in. plus, there is the red rubber stopper to protect it. i noticed that the ride became a bit bouncier. i'm actually thinking of putting my coilovers back in and cutting both the front and rear because now i have koni adjustables. i'm sure the ride won't deteriorate much for me. up to u dag. good luck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm now gettin tempted... im just afriad i will ruin my shocks or that the spring will pierce through the rubber.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the spring will eventually tear through the rubber, but even so, it didn't make any negative sounds. stock shocks will go bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i cut about 1.5 coils off. it's friggin tiny now. the entire spring is probably about 3-4" tall now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i kno how u feel vj.....it totally sux having that gap in the front...i DID post up and tell everyone that VIS coilovers suck crap and that they made my car do the exact same thing that ur car is doing now. no one really bothered to read my thread, but oh well.

not to mention i had robocar install the springs for 100, and they didn't do it right, and then i had vis themselves install it for another 100, and this is the end result i get. i paid about 500 bux total for product and install not to mention my time, and this is the quality i get. w/ that 500 bux i shoulda bought some ground control or skunk2 coilover sleeves and installed it myself and use the extra cash towards new shocks. damn vis....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts