NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Right, Geico didn't "tell" allstate anything. They would have just logged it on your CLUE report that I asked you to check, which any insurance company will use.
Agreed and yes 7 years you are ****ed, but I am in a similar boat, just now that I lost accident forgiveness, my rates never went up because of the incident. I will probably be using State Farm for the rest of my life though.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Wow you are going to pay that much insurance for a SRT4? No wonder so many people live on section 8.

·
FananaNanaFoFenny
4,279 Posts
Wait, let's backpeddle a minute. You're going to buy an SRT4? WTF is wrong with you? It's an overglorified Dodge Neon (read: domestic hunk of garbage). FFS, at least buy something somewhat classy and less gay. Let me tell you, I don't know anyone who sees an SRT4 on the road and says, "Wow, I'd like to drive one of those!!!!1!!one!" Instead, they are saying, "Look, another ugly Neon."

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Let me tell you, I don't know anyone who sees an SRT4 on the road and says, "Wow, I'd like to drive one of those!!!!1!!one!" Instead, they are saying, "Look, another ugly Neon."
sig worthy....

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Wait, let's backpeddle a minute. You're going to buy an SRT4? WTF is wrong with you? It's an overglorified Dodge Neon (read: domestic hunk of garbage). FFS, at least buy something somewhat classy and less gay. Let me tell you, I don't know anyone who sees an SRT4 on the road and says, "Wow, I'd like to drive one of those!!!!1!!one!" Instead, they are saying, "Look, another ugly Neon."
Its a bullet proof engine that makes ton of power. If you want a good turbo base for cheap more reliable than a dsm, then an SRT4 is the way to go.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Its a bullet proof engine that makes ton of power. If you want a good turbo base for cheap more reliable than a dsm, then an SRT4 is the way to go.
^ thank you, someone that actually knows what they are saying...it just has a bad stigma because of the chrysler/dodge name and everyone knows it.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
They are ugly ass cars. I would never pick an ugly car over a fast car. It's gotta have a little of both.

As for the REASON your insurance went up. Welcome to the real world....it's always your fault.

As soon as I read the words "lost control" it summed it up. For all they know you drove your car off the road on purpose to get a cheap claim. Come on dude, that's common sense that they place the blame on you. The only time insurance will pick somthing up without fault of your own (minus environment damage) is if it's a hit and run, and to be a hit and run a cop has to give you something that says it was a hit and run. I've been through this before.

And why the hell are you on all-state? They are great, but not if your a 20 year old male with ANYTHING on your record. Progressive is where people like you and me go until the early years tickets drop off (can't wait till october).

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They are ugly ass cars. I would never pick an ugly car over a fast car. It's gotta have a little of both.

As for the REASON your insurance went up. Welcome to the real world....it's always your fault.

As soon as I read the words "lost control" it summed it up. For all they know you drove your car off the road on purpose to get a cheap claim. Come on dude, that's common sense that they place the blame on you. The only time insurance will pick somthing up without fault of your own (minus environment damage) is if it's a hit and run, and to be a hit and run a cop has to give you something that says it was a hit and run. I've been through this before.

And why the hell are you on all-state? They are great, but not if your a 20 year old male with ANYTHING on your record. Progressive is where people like you and me go until the early years tickets drop off (can't wait till october).
Progressive is awesome :) Their service is great too. For my experiences anyway.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
No matter which way you shake it, in the end, it's still a Neon. Just a faster Neon.
This is where you are wrong. The engine is not a beefed up Neon engine. Its a COMPLETELY new engine. On top of that, it has a crappy rep due to the engine and build quality. Though the build quality sucks, its engine IS reliable.

As far as being ugly? That is 100% opinion. I do not like it, but it is still opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Here is the quick rundown...yesterday I was about to purchase a car and i was calling allstate to get the quote and buy it...I was going under parents .....:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:to not at fault? this little incident is going to cost me over $100 a month and the possibility of me not getting the car i want. any suggestions?
How old are you? You sound like my 16year old son. Thinks he's brilliant (he is) but has no understanding of adult logic and thinking.

Sorry, the world is run by adults. Good bad or indifferent. You lost control. You could have done any number of things to prevent it, including not drive that day, slow down, go a different route etc. YOU chose to drive. How do they know you weren'tracing or driving reckless?

In the grown up world, if its in the busnesses best interest, its gonna generaly be the rule.

Good luck. Fight the fights you can win. In principle I agree with you, but not much you can do about it.

Advise? I didn't read the entire thing cause you're big block sentence hurt my eyes. How about get a second job? or get a car you can afford? :eek::

Oh yeah, learn to break up your posts. PARAGRAPHS ARE YOUR FRIEND. ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Progressive is awesome Their service is great too. For my experiences anyway.
i'll look into that .

Looks like a duck...
what?

How old are you? You sound like my 16year old son. Thinks he's brilliant (he is) but has no understanding of adult logic and thinking.

Sorry, the world is run by adults. Good bad or indifferent. You lost control. You could have done any number of things to prevent it, including not drive that day, slow down, go a different route etc. YOU chose to drive. How do they know you weren'tracing or driving reckless?

In the grown up world, if its in the busnesses best interest, its gonna generaly be the rule.

Good luck. Fight the fights you can win. In principle I agree with you, but not much you can do about it.

Advise? I didn't read the entire thing cause you're big block sentence hurt my eyes. How about get a second job? or get a car you can afford?

Oh yeah, learn to break up your posts. PARAGRAPHS ARE YOUR FRIEND.
thanks, i know its stubborn but i don't really want any other car at the moment, its the neon or nothing. . . i am trying to tell me parents to help me by putting the insurance under their name and letting me drive the car...when i went to get the copy of the police report i asked him if that was fine and he said yes and that many people do that to save money...so idk, my parents however want everything to be under my name so that i get a sense of responsibility but there is no way i can afford everything under my name.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Progressive can rape you at first but they do drop significant amounts every renewal.
Pay every 6 months, not by the month. Saves about $200 a year when I do it that way.

·
FananaNanaFoFenny
4,279 Posts
i am trying to tell me parents to help me by putting the insurance under their name and letting me drive the car...when i went to get the copy of the police report i asked him if that was fine and he said yes and that many people do that to save money...so idk, my parents however want everything to be under my name so that i get a sense of responsibility but there is no way i can afford everything under my name.
I don't think you realize the long-term consequences having you on their insurance can have for them. If you have another incident while under their policy, it adversely affects their rates for a long time, even if you leave their policy for your own later. Not to mention, you are a high risk driver because you are young, male and already have had a previous claim.
So lose that sense of entitlement "it's the Neon or nothing" and buy something you can afford on your own. Your an adult, it's time for you to make adult decisions.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts