NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have The Apexi N1 exhaust and the Veilside Rear. I took the exhast to my shop today to get installed and they said becuase on the angle of the exhaust i would have to cut the rear bumper on the kit.

Anyone have any other suggestion?

Vinny

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by devilincelica
Anyone have The Apexi N1 exhaust and the Veilside Rear. I took the exhast to my shop today to get installed and they said becuase on the angle of the exhaust i would have to cut the rear bumper on the kit.

Anyone have any other suggestion?

Vinny
have a muffler shop bend it slightly so the angle wont interfere with the kit...

·
Registered
470 Posts
you may need to... I havent installed one, but I know that the opening on the bumper isnt that big when you fill it with a real exhaust tip... Just have them (or yourself) install it and see... Maybe you dont have to cut the entire opening, just the rolled lip on the driverside for the proper clearance.

Also, it does move a bit (rubber mounts), so be sure you have some space for that too... Mount it and shake it around!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Kuz
have a muffler shop bend it slightly so the angle wont interfere with the kit...
Just make sure it doesnt need to be bent much... It would suck to have a shop but a huge crush bend into a nice kit!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I would try to do what Satan said. First, it's real easy to install an axle back system. If this is what you have, then I'd say do it yourself.

Form there, you'll be able to see what will really need to be done to make it fit. You might only have to trim the inside edge (drivers side of the opening) to make it fit.

Again, as Satan said, move it around and make sure it doesn't hit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts