NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at 34K and I am about to get anything replaced that might fail, is there any recommendations? Nothing is really wrong, cept for the back hatch stay cylinders which suck when its cold, and the car idles ruff like ti's gonna stall out but then it goes back to normal for about 10 seconds, which everyone has told me it's the comp re adjusting values. What about the belt tensioner, I have a very early 2002 GT 5-speed ( I got it in November 2001).

Are TSB applicable to all years or do they fix them after they find out the problem?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Many (most?) TSBs are written responses to popular customer complaints. The TSBs will often indicate what VIN numbers or part numbers to which the fix applies. So, no, TSBs are not necessarily applicable to all years, nor all cars in a single year.

Some TSB "fixes" are done as a matter of regular service. Others, those usually taking the most time and expense, are only done by your dealer if you actually are having the problem the fix addresses.

As for which ones you should get fixed before your warranty runs out, 1) take a look at which TSB's apply to your car; 2) check to see if you are having or starting to have any of the problems.

I would most concerned about the belt tensioner and sunroof TSBs, if they apply to your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts