NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i will sell apr widebody kit (replica) for $2100. The only difference between the real kit and the replica is that the replica is a bit wider then the apr and its not manufactured by apr. If you interested in this kit email me at [email protected]..or you can go off and spend then extra $1500

sorry for the miss understanding..the kit is not a replica

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
You never know. ;) People are sneaky these days

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm waiting on the shipment..i originally bought this kit for my car but i'm low on cash. I'm saving up to fully built my motor + turbo, this is why i'm selling this kit. I order this kit 3 weeks ago it should be here soon..i will post the pictures right when i get the kit

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
First trial kit now Apr kit ,is nothing sacrid anymore ,Now we get to look forward to some ghetto azz APR widebodys rolling around cuz they found a fake replica one cheep,GREAT !!!!!! I hope APR sues whoevers azz is making these(Oh i forgot its a "little" bit wider so its "different") .

also to any one intrested in buying one of these i'm sure in the long run it will be more expensive getting the fake kit to look decent and fit any whare near decent ,not to mention who knows what grade/quality of carbon fiber is used on the accents,who knows if it even comes with carbon fiber accents ?

Funny also how first your kits were selling for $2900 ,then all of a sudden they are $2000 and stated as replicas

I wouldent go cheep if your going widebody the two just dont go well together.To any one that buys these fake wanabe apr widebodys, I hope they fit and look like ****

and yes I will spend the extra $1500 for a real one ,and i am waiting for it to arrive right now.(actually i got it for like $2800 shipped from APR)

Not to mention if it is alittle wider that throws everything off with rims,good luck

sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you wont be able to tell the different between the replica and the real one...i get my body kit from a well known motorsport shop that manufactured tons of body kits and carbon fiber hood that is better quality then the vis hood. Your just one of those stupid idiot that pays then extra $1500 for the name..all body kit is made of the same shiet..do u know how easy it is to make one? . Better materials doesnt costs then extra $1500, only idiot would think like that...and i didnt ask you to buy the kit from me..if you dont want to buy it then dont..dont post something so stupid

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'd rather pay $800 extra for the real thing. At least you know it will fit when it turns up. If the body shop has trouble fitting the "copy" then you will end up paying more anyway.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by KEnny Heiser 3
First trial kit now Apr kit ,is nothing sacrid anymore ,Now we get to look forward to some ghetto azz APR widebodys rolling around cuz they found a fake replica one cheep,GREAT !!!!!! I hope APR sues whoevers azz is making these(Oh i forgot its a "little" bit wider so its "different") .

also to any one intrested in buying one of these i'm sure in the long run it will be more expensive getting the fake kit to look decent and fit any whare near decent ,not to mention who knows what grade/quality of carbon fiber is used on the accents,who knows if it even comes with carbon fiber accents ?

Funny also how first your kits were selling for $2900 ,then all of a sudden they are $2000 and stated as replicas

I wouldent go cheep if your going widebody the two just dont go well together.To any one that buys these fake wanabe apr widebodys, I hope they fit and look like ****

and yes I will spend the extra $1500 for a real one ,and i am waiting for it to arrive right now.(actually i got it for like $2800 shipped from APR)

Not to mention if it is alittle wider that throws everything off with rims,good luck

Amen bro... amen.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by celicawidebody
you wont be able to tell the different between the replica and the real one...i get my body kit from a well known motorsport shop that manufactured tons of body kits and carbon fiber hood that is better quality then the vis hood. Your just one of those stupid idiot that pays then extra $1500 for the name..all body kit is made of the same shiet..do u know how easy it is to make one? . Better materials doesnt costs then extra $1500, only idiot would think like that...and i didnt ask you to buy the kit from me..if you dont want to buy it then dont..dont post something so stupid
Okay a little lesson here son... not all body kits are created equal.

The originals are made from a mold. The copies will have to be made from molds that are made off of the original. This usually means that the fit and finish of the replica is not as good. Since it will take more money to make this kit fit and install properly, you would have used up that $1500 you saved one body work.

Another thing that is different is the quality of the fiberglass and resin that is used. THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. Nor is the amount of layers of fiberglass that they use.

As Kenny said, does it come with the carbon fiber accents? And what kind of quality carbn fiber is it? Cause there are differences in how those are made as well. How is the fitment of these accents if they do indeed some with this "fake kit".

As for this $1500 dollar savings... well again you'll probably spend that trying to fix the fitment of this "fake kit". Another this is that I can easily get the REAL APR GT-300 kit for $2700 maybe even less. That's only $700 more than what you're selling your "fake kit", which is a small amount compared to what it costs to put together a GT-300 Celica.

Lastly, how can you vouch for the supposed quality of a kit you have not even seen in person yet? This kit isn't even in your hands and you're already trying to sell it. What if the quality of the kit is poor?

Richard

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry dude but 2k for a replica is a rip. I got a replica brs front b/c they didn't make the origionals anymore and the fit was bad and the glass work was ****ty. maybe 1k is a fair price and I would have to say to ask anymore is taking advantage of someone. Name brand means a named company stands behind its product. As for fiberglass here is a huge difference. Replicas are often blown chopstrand or hand laid chopstrand at best. That means heavier and not as strong. Bomex I know uses high quality weave and the kit I got for my mk3 supra fit perfectly with no alterations. If you are going all out for widebody do it right.

MAX

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the miss understanding...the kit i'm selling is not a replica..i just call the place where i order the widebody kit..they order the kit directly from apr....i'm selling the apr widebody kit $2300 shipped or you can come pick it up for $2100...i have 10 apr widebody kit..This is not a replica, email me if your interested

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Who was this kit ordered under. I will contact APR myself to check for its authenticity. Kinda fishy how you can all of sudden say that its the real kit after saying its fake and that its as good as the real thing. Also... the real APR kits take 6 weeks to special order because APR does not carry this kit in stock. They are made to order. So how can you have 10 kits on hand. I work very closely with APR because they are a sponsor of mine, and the guys there friends of mine. I would have heard if someone ordered 10 kits.

Guys... I'm sorry but this is really fishy.

Richard

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yeah this sound's really weird, Right now I am pretty sure thare are only three kits on the waiting list and mine is second in line ,and should get it in about three weeks . I know FOR sure they dont make some one 10 of the kits ,each one is hand made to order and like richard says takes about 6 weeks or longer to make ,why dont you give all your info to richard and have him cheack it out ,I sure would hate to see a fellow NC.org member get ripped off ,I'm sorry but this soundslike a scam or something

Not to mention You should have seen all the question's that APR asked the shop I ordered it from ,they wanted to know date it was gonna be installed ,body shop that was installing it ,and EVEN My Frekken VIN # ,My shop (which is an APR autorized dealer)was like WTF kind of kit is this ,when they called me up the day they ordered it . It still is the talk of the shop lol. Needless to say APR is very selective and pickey about who gets this kit,for replica/copying reasons etc. I Find it VERY hard to beleive they would send any same person besides a dealer 10 kits ,if they would even do that for a dealer ,thats why I imagine they are made to order ,and they do not keep them in stock so they can keep wraps on things etc.anywase have richard cheack it out for any of your Potential buyers ,just to make sure everything is legit

And Become a sponcer if your gonna try to sell your fishey "apr?" kits everywhare on the site .

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Originally posted by celicawidebody
the funnest part about all of this is you sound like the idiot ( To me anywase lol) ,I'm a professional autobody man And if you showed any bodyman what you just posted they would laugh ,like richard said not all body kits are created equal ,Who know's what kind of hack they got in back laying out the peices LOL ,Dude you are cluless (have you ever even laid out glass in a mold?),You pay for the exsperence of the person/company making the kit, materials are not the big price jump,But yes those are different too Just a cheep Gel coat can Literally Ruin a kit .NOt to mention The time spent Into making the Mold perfect Which is what you are really paying for from APR . WTF why do you think Veilside is so exspensive DuH !!!!!!!!!

and the funneist thing I think you said was "I get my body kits from a well known motersport shop that makes a better hood than Vis " WHOOP DE FREEKEN DA !!!!! Do you know how crappy a vis hoods quality is,ive owned two And I sure as hell hope my APR kit is NOTHING like that
Just the fact that you compare quality of a vis hood ,shows you know absolutlly nothing about molds and the body kits that come from them ,not to mention you know NOTHING about body work in general. Call me an idiot Lets see your car ,i'll show you parts that Ive MADE for my car that have more time,and sweat into them than your car ??? Trust me bro I know what I'm talking about ,and I take a little bit of offence to being called a stupid idiot.

So before you tell me to not post something so stupid ,It sounds like you need to learn a thing or two,I am a ASE certified professional,that was trained in a apprenticeship for 2 years ,plus almost 2 year's of school at WCTC in autobody.Plus I work with fiberglass regularelly ,and deal with aftermarket market body peices(fiberglass regularelly) everyday ,As MY JOB ! and yes Most peices are Crap,

Sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have friends and cousin that does body work, even i do it. I didnt need to go school to learn how to do body works or fiberglass..show whos then idiot, how are you gonna tell me i dont know shiet...i compared the vis hood because tell me whats better quality then vis hood?, i cant think of any

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
So what have you done,That gives you any kind of exsperience or even lets you make a judgement on what is good quality glass work ?anyone can say their freind or cousin does body work ,from the sounds of it i would think you have no expereince whatsoever LOL,?????????

Give all your ordering information To Richard (RAD1732) let him cheack everything out FOR YOUR POTENTIAL BUYERS ,and let him make a post to let anyone intrested know everything is ligit.He is a Trusted NC.org member and he already said he would cheack things out for you .

ALSO PAY Larry D and Become a sponcer NOW!!!,and do something for the celica comunity ,If your gonna sell your kits . What you keep on doing is Really cheep ,by going from forum to forum posting your APR kits you have for sale (and then your email right after it right away ,real slick). Any thing thats not personal Is not allowed unless you are a sponcer,So anything over one kit you cant sell so why keep posting that you have 10 kits for sale ,and your Email address right away in each forum before the thread gets closed? Pay the fee and stop Weaseling your way around it . All youve posted about sinc you became a member is selling your Fishey kits?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.