NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know if there are vin #'s on gts engines...either head or block? im wondering because i am having my second enigne put in (meaning third enigne). i would think not since the motor has been replaced once already and it would make no sense to put it on the block or head for replacement purposes...can someone shed some light on this...plus, im almost 100% positive that an auto gts engine would be the same as an mt gts engine right? just different trannys....right? one more thing, since i may be rebuilding this myself(maybe), is it worth it to go lower comp, sleeved, etc...or would that cost substantially more to rebuild than to just buy an engine and pop it in?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
No. The engine has a serial number that is unique to the engine but is not the same as the car's VIN number. The engine serial number is generally much shorter.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The engine has an engine number. It is on the side of the engine engraved on the block. It begins with 2ZZ-

Every engine has a different number. It is just under the exhaust manifold on the side of the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.