NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oops sorry....

Yes it's at my home away from home Chicago InDoor Racing in Buffalo Grove.

It seams people around here are always looking for something to do, well the IRL portion is FREE

Here's another deal if anyone stops in when I'm there and wants to race I can save them the monthly license fee, I have quite a few spares.

I will more than likely be there from 6:30/7 till around 10.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose it depends how one looks at it.

To me Racing is never too far away.

The closest Autocross to me in the Chicago area is 45 minutes, longest the SCCA Solo II National Championships in Topeka Kansas (September 14-16). At Nationals I'll get 6 runs at about 60 seconds each but I will be running against 38 other drivers, only 1 will become National Champion.

note: There are currently 1124 drivers registered making the Solo II Nationals one if not the largest amateur motorsports events in the world.

I regularly make the 2 hour trek to Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin (about 6 times a year) to work at Races. On September 19 I'll leave for a week at Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course to work the SCCA National Championship Runoff's. This year somewhere between 600 and 700 Road racers will attempt to win a National Championship.

O I live 7 miles from Chicago Indoor Racing so of course I pretty much live there

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well the IRL suff sucked but the girls were cute.

I did 6 races and broke my second Kart, that's right I have crashed hard enough to break two Karts.

#1: A couple months ago I got t-boned by some idot that thought he was fast (I had just lapped him)

#2: The Kart in front on me spun in the Reb Bull, No yellows up yet, as I cleared the corner and saw the kart it was way to late to brake so I attempted to avoid. Got my nose past but the quick steeing input pitched the rear left, I hit, and spun at least once to the right. Small cut on my right knee left rear of the kart now sits as a 45 degree angle to the road.

The worst Kart damage ever at Chicago Indoor Racing

And I walked away..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts