NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2ZZ engine was built using ARP studs, and after putting a reasonable number of break-in miles on it, I want to double-check the torque on the studs. What torque-wrench figure should I be looking for?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
The 2ZZ engine was built using ARP studs, and after putting a reasonable number of break-in miles on it, I want to double-check the torque on the studs. What torque-wrench figure should I be looking for?
Depends on what lube you used on the threads. A lot of guys torque them to 80 however.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link.
I did go through all of the recommended procedures when building the engine, and used the ARP super slick stuff. But as long as I'm dropping the engine from my Spyder to swap out the tranny and clutch, I figured that it was an opportune time to check the torque. You guys with the Celicas have easy access to the head compared to the Spyder.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Thanks for the link.
I did go through all of the recommended procedures when building the engine, and used the ARP super slick stuff. But as long as I'm dropping the engine from my Spyder to swap out the tranny and clutch, I figured that it was an opportune time to check the torque. You guys with the Celicas have easy access to the head compared to the Spyder.
I would disagree - its actually EASIER to pull the cams on the spyder because there is no PS pump and the chain tensioner is BAM smack in your face and super accessible.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
i have never had to check the torque on ARP studs. i believe the recommended torque is 55lbs using ARP lube. I usually torque a stock engine at 65 lbs and a high horsepower engine 75 lbs

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I ... used the ARP super slick stuff.
Since you used the ARP lube and have the Rotrex I would go 65 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It depends on which stud kit you have. MWR ARP or ARP 2000. You can look up either on our website, the torque specs are listed beneath the product descriptions. We use those numbers for all applications, no need to go higher. There is also no need to retorque since we don't have old fashioned organic head gaskets; our steel head gaskets do not compress more over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts