NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I may be wrong but looks like 140gt sold his atr kit on e-bay-great for him -bad for a noob matrix owner...anyway...all im trying to find out is who 140 got the kit from(the origanal owner of the kit) to find if that turbo was definatly rebuilt -Id hate to see the guy install the thing and the turbo come apart like the 1st atr batch did....Can anybody help with the info please..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok this is the thread I dug up so is it emotarts or (cant be badceli-he's blitz SC right)
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203650

and heres the post
badceli

Trader Rating: (6)
Style: Forum Default 140 GT, I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if somebody asks you what's wrong with the kit, shouldn't you at least tell them about a few problems they might run into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotart:

Emange was not tuned no map what so ever, costing me so far 200.00 just to get it on the dyno and the guy fooking around with the car i still have to go to the dyno place to get it dyno tunned and for them to see where the turbo is leaking...

Fuel injector holder was drilled to deep causing me to leak fuel....

Oil line was way to short....

Turbo came with no E-clip to hold the wastgasket in place....

Air intake flange was fooked up and does not align with my turbo...

The down pipe requires welding and it dont match the stock downpipe...

Clamps where missing...

Silicone coupler that goes from the turbo was not even in the kit...

Dongle for the maf sensor was poorly welded and there was extra metal sticking out so it fooked up my maf sensor costing me 160.00$ for a new maff i had to dremale the extra sheet out.....

Turbo kit came with .1% worth of instructions...

Turbo kit was missing alot of crap, i was getting shiiit in the mail from ATR and it was missing parts i didnt even know i was missing....

Air intake heat deflecter was cheap metal as thick as a soda can...

They sent me a faulty turbo in the mail...

I had to cancel installation dates and pay the installer money because they didnt supply with the proper things needed.....

This is not a bolt on kit what so ever....

Turbo came with 0% worth of support.....

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Its not emotart's kit. It belonged to some guy in Arizona, I believe his screen name is se186us or something like that. emotart tried to actually turn his ATR kit into whatever he has on his car now, which was obviously a mistake.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesse IL said:
Its not emotart's kit. It belonged to some guy in Arizona, I believe his screen name is se186us or something like that. emotart tried to actually turn his ATR kit into whatever he has on his car now, which was obviously a mistake.
hmm thanx jesse>so your saying the kit 140gt bought was owned by se186us????

Just for referance if anyone wants to say they sold it it was sold to a guy with a Matrix in Katy,Texas...(no bad feeling going on here,he's gonna install it-just wanna be sure the turbo was rebuilt)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Jesse IL said:

TUrbo kit was sold.

and im about to be running a whole differnt setup shortly.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i thought it belonged to q8eboy. He never rebuilt the turbo, its why he sold it because it was giving too many issues.

i'll try to search and see if i can find the original owners name.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Jesse IL said:
It wasnt his. It was some guy with a yellow celica and blk graphics on it. He sold it to 140gt with the turbo ****ed, 140gt had it rebuilt by a shop, he didnt do it himself...

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
i thought it belonged to q8eboy. He never rebuilt the turbo, its why he sold it because it was giving too many issues.

yea thats his name!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
emotart said:
TUrbo kit was sold.

and im about to be running a whole differnt setup shortly.
Any chance its going to a guy in Matrix guy in Texas ,if so did he need to go ahead and rebuild it before he runs it???

Hey BTW ,I saw you sent me a PM like in MAY,I didnt awnser it did I ??? Dammit if so Im hella sorry man-If ya still need that Info Ill be happy to talk..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Rio Trix said:
Jesse IL said:
hmm thanx jesse>so your saying the kit 140gt bought was owned by se186us????

Just for referance if anyone wants to say they sold it it was sold to a guy with a Matrix in Katy,Texas...(no bad feeling going on here,he's gonna install it-just wanna be sure the turbo was rebuilt)
Katys pretty close to here - tell him if he has problems he can look me up.

Whats he going to run for an EMS?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boosted2.0 said:

Hey cool boosted that would be awsome man(might ya wanna do the full install?) he's a 1zz so its gonna be e-manage blue

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Rio Trix said:
Boosted2.0 said:

Hey cool boosted that would be awsome man(might ya wanna do the full install?) he's a 1zz so its gonna be e-manage blue
I am VERY hesitant to have anything at all to do with the ATR kits - they are crap plain and simple.

I also don't really care to deal with an e-manage blue either, especially not for a turbo setup. Hew ought to hold off and save up for a Hydra or Power FC

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I remember when 140 bought the kit. And i remember it sitting around, and then he finally sold it not too long ago.

if it is someone different selling it, thats just a strange coincidence.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vegeta4ss said:
I remember when 140 bought the kit. And i remember it sitting around, and then he finally sold it not too long ago.

if it is someone different selling it, thats just a strange coincidence.
hey I agree with its kinda weird lol

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
vegeta4ss said:

That's right. Keep in mind this was a long time ago and I was pulling screen names from memory.
Boosted2.0 said:
Rio Trix said:
I am VERY hesitant to have anything at all to do with the ATR kits - they are crap plain and simple.

I also don't really care to deal with an e-manage blue either, especially not for a turbo setup. Hew ought to hold off and save up for a Hydra or Power FC
Stick to your guns. I wouldn't want to get involved in crap setups either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.