NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Luis and I have an ongoing argument that the wheels on stock cars (maybe all) are always slanted for suspension purposes. Meaning that the side wall is NOT paralell to say a standing person.

that the wheels are like this "/ \" not like this "l l". Even if a SLIGHT degree. He swears to me they are not cuz he can see and if mines are slanted its due to abuse. He said find him proof.

Now if I am wrong then I am wrong. But I think I am right.

We can settle this once and for all Lou :chuckles:

buddy, ol pal, buddy, ol pal, buddy , ol pal, o mine.

:rofl:

In a nice, shout free discussion.:)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
A couple of people have said that about my car i have tein in front and havn't put them in hte back and my tires lean in and its stock, a friend of mine said the cambers were adjusable is this true and when i get the back lowered finally how bad are they going to sit in then? would you like a pic of my car from the back?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Celicas have -1.8 or -1.3 degrees of camber in the rear meaning the wheels are slanted like / \ right off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
as most people know, hotckis makes camber links. i had always assumed they corrected the camber back to parallel. but according to carl, the car comes stock with a bit of camber, so the links probably bring it back to a more reasonable level once the car is lowered. it may be one of those situations where you want a little of something but not too much senarios. a little camber might help hold the road better, but too much and you will wear you tires unevenly.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. See luis. your celicas wheels ARE slanted. NOT straight. Its a fact that the celicas camber is negative. meaning slanted wheels.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Red01GTS
I want my click back
and why is that?

Topic had a question. Question was answered. Mission accomplished.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by CeliKill180
lowered cars usually have negative camber ( / \}

i dont know why a stock car would
It maintains the tire contact patch while turning. The tires' sidewalls flex and pull to one side during hard cornering, so negative camber helps counteract that. If you lower a car and you don't get an alignnment, you'll definitely have much more negative camber than you need (and everyone will know it ;) ), and it will wreck your tires.
Originally posted by RollaFoSho
i know a Stock Z has crazy camber in the back.. my freind has a Z n its like that
:werd:

Many, many cars have it stock, like the RX-8:

BMWs have noticeable negative camber as well:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts