NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey when you remove the entire dashboard, did you have to remove the steering wheel too? Also i disconnected the negative wire of the battery and te speedometer connector, is it ok to leave them like that for couples of weeks?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes, steering wheel comes off to take the dashboard out...my suggestion is also to remove the two switches (turn signal, wipers) also..makes things easier...but not REQUIRED.
Leaving those disconnected isn't gonna hurt a thing..tho if yur gonna drive your car, I'd hook the instrument panel back up and just set it somewhere...mine is just propped on top of the steering column, held up by the wiring harness itself..it works :)

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
you dont have to take the steering wheel out, i've taken my dash out twice and not one did i remove the steering wheel. but the turn signal, and the whipper one have to be let loose. just put the steering wheel all the way down, the dash will come out the passenger side, if you have any more ?? just pm me.
Justin

·
Registered
755 Posts
You slipped it past? I guess I didn't want to put any unneeded stress on the dash, so I did it that way...it's not hard to pull the wheel at all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts